Brain teaser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brain teaser Interview Questions

interview questions shared by candidates

Brain teaser Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

You have 1 seat left on a flight, and you have 5 passengers waiting on standby, a military man in uniform, a pregnant woman, a woman and her infant child, an elite customer(one who is a frequent flyer of NWA), and a gentleman trying to go an see his ill sister. Who will be the one to get the empty seat on the flight, and why?

8 Answers

If you have a three gallon jug and a five gallon jug No marks on either one The goal is to fill the five gallon jug with four gallons of water How is this accomplished?

5 Answers

Can't remember the details, but was asked a question regarding dropping eggs off high buildings to determine the height at which an egg would first break.

5 Answers

Write a program that given 4 coin denominations and a dollar amount finds the best way to express that amount using the coins given. I.e. you have coins with denominations of 1c, 7c, 13c,19c and you have to express $2.12 with the least number of coins. There is always a 1c coin but the other 3 are arbitrary.

6 Answers

One question 3 of the interviewers asked me was "What was the most difficult thing you had to deal with.".

6 Answers

Why is a manhole cover round?

6 Answers

Given 10 cups to locate the bottle poisoned wine from a batch of normal ones, you can make any mixture of them and test your mixtures by mouses. However the density of poison in the mixture, the testing mouse will certainly die. And you must give all the mixtures of the 10 cups before the test. There is only one poisoned bottle. How many bottles of wine you can test at most?

5 Answers

Two trains, each moving at 20 miles per hour towards each other, are initially 60 miles apart. A bee starts at the front of one train, flies to the other train, then back to the first train, and so on. If the bee always flies at 30 miles per hour, how far does the bee fly before the trains collide?

5 Answers

I was asked a pretty straight forward brain teaser during my last phone interview, which they said they don't normally do, but because I put that I was a logical problem solver on my resume they couldn't resist the opportunity to. It was the following "There are 20 different socks of two types in a drawer in a completely dark room. What is the minimum number of socks you should grab to ensure you have a matching pair?"

5 Answers

How many baseball's can you fit on a 747?

4 Answers