Brand Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brand Manager Interview Questions

"When hiring a brand manager, a companies seek out candidates who have the marketing skills and creativity to improve public perception of a brand and increase sales and customer loyalty. The interviewer may ask situational questions where you have to explain marketing trends, think up solutions to a failing brand campaign, or devise new marketing strategies for a brand."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

You are an ABM for Chips Ahoy. You notice that sales/revenue is up 5% compared to last year but your total share of the cookie category has declined 5%. How do you explain this apparent contradiction?

3 Answers

Basically I mentioned that I would want to know what was happening with my existing competitors. Where they experiencing the same thing? In the end, the answer the interviewer was looking for was.....Yes, sales/revenue was increasing for Chips Ahoy, but the cookie category was growing at a faster rate (because of new entrants into the category) than sales/revenue.

Is this some sort of joke question seriously ... Category is growing faster than you are that's how you lose share no brainer

You rose the price. Ly vs ty. Ly comps vs unit comps.

How do you feel about interacting with different departments of the company while managing the multicultural strategy of several brands and their owners at the same time?

1 Answer

Tell me about a well marketed product

2 Answers

Tell me about yourself, do you have a family?

4 Answers

The followups for each behavioral was tough. Also she asked me to introduce myself in the reverse chronological manner. That was the first for me.

2 Answers

Why do you want to work for us if you already own a million dollar company?

2 Answers

If I had a warehouse full of water bottles and needed to get rid of them ASAP, how would you market them?

1 Answer

We flipped through a fashion magazine and I had to pick an ad and explain what I liked about it and what I did not like and why.

1 Answer

The interviews are a series of 50 minute conversations with three or four different people. They basically all end up asking you the same kinds of "behavioral" interview questions - "tell me about a time when . . . " Be prepare with a lot of good examples from your past experiences.

1 Answer

What is the salary range you're looking for?

110 of 660 Interview Questions