Brand Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brand Manager Interview Questions

"When hiring a brand manager, a companies seek out candidates who have the marketing skills and creativity to improve public perception of a brand and increase sales and customer loyalty. The interviewer may ask situational questions where you have to explain marketing trends, think up solutions to a failing brand campaign, or devise new marketing strategies for a brand."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

You are an ABM for Chips Ahoy. You notice that sales/revenue is up 5% compared to last year but your total share of the cookie category has declined 5%. How do you explain this apparent contradiction?

3 Answers

Is this some sort of joke question seriously ... Category is growing faster than you are that's how you lose share no brainer

Basically I mentioned that I would want to know what was happening with my existing competitors. Where they experiencing the same thing? In the end, the answer the interviewer was looking for was.....Yes, sales/revenue was increasing for Chips Ahoy, but the cookie category was growing at a faster rate (because of new entrants into the category) than sales/revenue.

You rose the price. Ly vs ty. Ly comps vs unit comps.

Tell me about a well marketed product

1 Answer

How do you feel about interacting with different departments of the company while managing the multicultural strategy of several brands and their owners at the same time?

1 Answer

Tell me about yourself, do you have a family?

4 Answers

The followups for each behavioral was tough. Also she asked me to introduce myself in the reverse chronological manner. That was the first for me.

2 Answers

Why do you want to work for us if you already own a million dollar company?

2 Answers

Why beauty?

1 Answer

Describe some experiences in Brand Management that you've encountered.

1 Answer

The interviews are a series of 50 minute conversations with three or four different people. They basically all end up asking you the same kinds of "behavioral" interview questions - "tell me about a time when . . . " Be prepare with a lot of good examples from your past experiences.

1 Answer

One of your vendors typically sells you a widget for $100, but is offering a discount of $80/widget when you buy 500 all at once. Would you accept the deal and what would be the process behind your decision?

110 of 569 Interview Questions