Administrative assistant Interview Questions in Brooklyn, NY | Glassdoor

Find jobs for administrative assistant

Administrative assistant Interview Questions in Brooklyn, NY

Administrative assistant Interview Questions in Brooklyn, NY

Executives count on administrative assistants to keep busy schedules and company activities as clear and easy-to-navigate as possible. Expect questions about your organizational, time management, and communication skills. Many of these questions will be story-based, so come ready to explain a time when you successfully juggled multiple deadlines or were able to handle difficult customers at the front desk. Though these interviews focus primarily on soft skills, you may be asked to answer a question about your ability to use basic administrative software.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Q: As the Administrative Assistant, you will be responsible for organizing team-building events. What would the first event be?

1 Answer

Since we are a food-based non-profit organization, the first event I would pick is an ethnic cooking class, in which we have to work together to create a meal. Firstly, it would make us practice what we preach, but most importantly show us how best to work efficiently together. I would also have a second portion, where we step away from food, and just get to know one another as individuals, perhaps over drinks or a board game.

Tell me about about yourself and why you applied.

1 Answer

They asked me if I had a college degree and if I was familiar with Excel.

The same questions reapeadted

1 Answer

Do you know anything about cars, how long have you been in this field and do you plan on making this a career.

Motives to apply

1 Answer

They asked about how well do I work with children

1 Answer

Tell me a bit about yourself

1 Answer

what skills are you lacking for this position?

1 Answer

Dispatch experience is huge for them, but the level of experience they want is unrealistic (that goes for bookkeeping and customer service experience). Someone with the level of skill they are looking for in dispatching and bookkeeping would be overqualified and uninterested in working there.