Interior Designer Interview Questions in Brooklyn, NY | Glassdoor

Interior Designer Interview Questions in Brooklyn, NY

"When applying to be an interior designer at a design firm, you may be interviewed on your personal design tastes, people skills, knowledge of safety codes and regulations, and design experience. The interviewer will want to evaluate your ability to work with clients with diverse tastes to create functional, beautiful, safe living spaces that are as unique as their clients. Bring a portfolio with examples of your work to show the interviewer. Interior designers are expected to have a bachelor's degree with a focus on interior design."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Have You Been The Showroom in The Meat Packing District?

1 Answer

I was honest and said no I hadn't, but I had seen it online and thought it was very nice. However, I believe the answer they were looking for is "yes", and "it's the most beautiful showroom I've ever seen". However, because I read the reviews here of the company, I didn't think it was a good option for employment. I think the interview was easy, but the HR Manager is loaded with too many misgivings about the potential candidates, which makes her come off as very insecure.

What are your favorite styles?

1 Answer

Connect the dots for me on your resume and explain how each role has led you to the company and specifically this position.