Software Engineer Interview Questions in Broomfield, CO | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Software Engineer

Software Engineer Interview Questions in Broomfield, CO

Software engineers write programs to design and develop computer software. Interviews are highly technical, so come ready to work through coding problems and math brainteasers. The specific questions you are asked will depend on what type of programming position you are looking for. Try researching a specific software discipline such as web development, application development, or system development.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

I'm going to give you a series of pairs of words. You tell me which resonates with you more and why.

1 Answer

Make sure you talk about each and why. These are conversation starters

"Can you just sign here, please?"

2 Answers

Here's an obscure piece of code. What will be printed at line 27? (actually, I got this question several times, but thankfully they didn't use messed-up variable names). They also asked about infrequently used language features: "Transient", "Volatile", "Finalize", etc.

1 Answer

Many of the basic interview questions, Leadership experience, how I take feedback, how I get along with people, how do I solve disagreements. Lot's of programming questions that ranged in difficulty from what are the 3(4) pillars of OOB, what is IOC to what is threading

Basic Java Questions Reversing string, method overload, overriding, is-a, has-a relationship

Why do you want this job when your last job was so much more exciting?

1 Answer

Favorite programming language and why?

1 Answer

regularly used design patterns ... explain them and scenario where you can use it. how do you use interface? why do you use interface? why not abstract class instead of interface? dependency injection, why DI? benefits ... MOQ, unit testing etc?? refactoring ... what's the use of it? List vs IEnumerable ... javascript = vs == vs === way of doing null or empty in Javascript, difference between them. Again if you are trying to get job based on some fancy certification, this is not the place. With my experience so far, we look for experienced coders. Interview question will NOT be definitions. Another reason I choose ZOLL over other two offers.