Business Administration Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Business Administration Interview Questions

Business administration interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you deal with ambiguity?

3 Answers

They're looking for a self-starter/someone who can guide themselves in their day to day work--no hand holding. They don't however, want you to be so self sufficient in this role you look to move outside a business administrator role.

Why would you want a BA role? No one moves 'up' (or anywhere, really) from there...

As someone who has always prided myself on 'journalist' background and communications skills, asking the extra questions at the start is my essential MO. Nobody really likes swinging away in the blind, but if you allow a vague e- to put you in a hole about expectations, seldom will you choose exactly the desired path to specific results. I can wing it with the best, but historically I ask a couple of the 5Ws, perhaps add a "so this is where I'm going with that," comment. Person bringing the ambiguity will have a clue about how I'm handling, if they don't say "whooooa guy, that's not at all what *I* was thinking!" then I proceed, and of course, periodically update on progress/problems dealing with.

Give a recent example of a time when you were unable to satisfy either an internal or external customer. What was the situation, and what did you say or do?" What project management tools have you used to keep the project on track, both within timelines and within budget? Give a recent example that demonstrates your ability to use these tools to keep the project on track." What feedback mechanisms, aside from annual performance reviews, have you used to make sure your work, or the work of your staff, is on target? Describe them in detail Decision Making "When making a decision in conjunction with others, how have you sought their opinions? Give an example of a recent group-based decision process." "What methods have you used to ensure that a decision you have made was an effective decision? Give a recent example of using those methods to ensure a quality decision." "When making a decision that affects others either inside or outside your work group, what methods do you use to communicate that decision to others? Give an example of a decision that you made and how you communicated it." Fairness to Employees (Leading and Managing Others) "Tell me about a time in which you had to facilitate a conflict resolution between two of your employees. What was your role in the situation? What steps did you take to ensure a fair and open process?" "Describe a situation in which you had to work hard to avoid being perceived as showing favoritism toward one employee. What was the situation, and what specifically did you do to ensure you treated the employee equitably with your other employees?" "Describe a recent experience in which you took action to create an open and fair work place. Describe your

1 Answer

Why did you apply for this position?

1 Answer

The questions asked were all related to positions outlined on my resume.

1 Answer

What do you know about Google?

1 Answer

How does (previous job) relate to this position you're applying for?

1 Answer

where do i see myself in 3 to 5 years?

1 Answer

Tell me about yourself and how you work with others.

1 Answer

The first two interviews were general questions asked by most employees. What is your experience related to the position we're offering. The last interview lasted a full day where I believe the actual company was more interested to determine if I was a good fit for their environment and to was very thorough to explain their goals and expectations. Most questions were related to past experience how I handled situations and the outcome.

110 of 149 Interview Questions