Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Business Analyst

Business Analyst Interview Questions

Business Analyst Interview Questions

When interviewing a candidate for a business analyst role, employers are looking to assess your analytical problem-solving skills as well as your communication and collaboration skills. Be prepared to analyze a business case study and answer behavioral questions that often test your ability to handle challenging stakeholders or tight deadlines. Business analysts must also be creative thinkers, so expect to tackle a few unusual brainteasers that are designed to see how well you can think through a complex problem.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you give about giving a presentation without preparation or knowledge of the subject?

5 Answers

Job description said NOTHING about giving presentations nor did anyone offer that this would be a quality expected of a BA when directly asked about it (if so, I would have prepared an adequate response). That information was deliberately withheld from me in an effort to trip me up in the formal interview.

I'd answer this by saying that these were actually two different questions - how one feels about giving a presentation on something you have knowledge about but on the fly, versus how one feels about giving a presentation about which one lacks knowledge. Clearly, the first situation would be preferable.

I guess you could see it that way, but it wasn't that way at all. By virtue of the fact that they wouldn't move on to the next topic/question after it was answered, it was clear to me that this was a question intended to disqualify/trip me up.

How would you deal with a stakeholder who was insisting that a complex process would be the ideal solution to an existing problem?

7 Answers

You own a Beach souvenier shop that sells primarily 4 items. Calculate Profit per month. What are some issues you could forsee in your revenue streams? After additional information is given, calculate seasonal income.

2 Answers

How has your previous experience prepared you for a role like this?

2 Answers

How would you perform an application upgrade?

1 Answer

What is the difference between a functional requirement and a system requirement?

3 Answers

Explain/define "Weighted Average".

1 Answer

50,000 shoppers with a 0.5% conversion rate for a chair that costs $250. Wayfair makes a 27% profit. Next, 50,000 shoppers will get a 10% discount. What is the conversion rate they must achieve to achieve the same profits as before?

10 Answers

Describe the different parts of an SQL statement

2 Answers

Whats the difference between inner join and outer join?

110 of 8,811 Interview Questions