business intelligence associate interview questions shared by candidates
50,000 shoppers with a 0.5% conversion rate for a chair that costs $250. Wayfair makes a 27% profit. Next, 50,000 shoppers will get a 10% discount. What is the conversion rate they must achieve to achieve the same profits as before?
Basic SQL questions. Describe a join to a non-technical person. How do you handle a query that does not perform quickly? They want to know that you can use 'explain plans', which I currently do not use (I'm still entry level). Select all customers who purchased at least two items on two separate days. Given a table with a combination of flight paths, how would you identify unique flights if you don't care which city is the destination or arrival location.
Wayfair is going to send 2 different catalogs to their customers. One of the catalogs costs 50 cents to make and is 50 pages long. The conversion rate for the catalog is 5% and each customer brings in 315 dollars. The second catalog costs 95 cents to make, is 100 pages long and each customer brings in 300 dollars from it. The profit margin is 30%. What should the conversion rate for the second catalog be to make at least the same amount of profit as the first one. After you find the conversion rate for the second one, there is a second part of the problem. Wayfair is planning to make a new catalog which is going to cost 10 cents more than the 100 page one. The more expensive catalog is going to be sent out to 20% of the customers while the remaining 80% are going to get the 100 page one. Assume the same 30% profit margin and 300 dollar profit from each customer. What should the conversion rate for the new catalog be in order to receive the same profit at the end?
probability of the product coming from location A is 0.8 and from location B is 0.6. What is the probability the customers will receive the product from location A or location B SQL - tested on different join , lead , lag, pivoting in sql , sub query, group by having, where, aggregate and think about how you would find outliers)
See Interview Questions for Similar Jobs
- Business Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Software Engineer
- Data Scientist
- Financial Analyst
- Business Intelligence
- Senior Business Analyst
- Business Intelligence Engineer
- Project Manager
- Product Manager
- Business Systems Analyst
- Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
- Senior Software Engineer
- Business Intelligence Developer
- Quantitative Analyst