Business intelligence developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Business intelligence developer Interview Questions

"Business intelligence developers are responsible for developing and maintaining the business data systems of a company. They must be well versed in SQL and other query tools, as well have have strong business analysis to work in tandem with the company's business data. During an interview, be prepared to be tested on these skills by both technical questions and case studies on how you would fix particular problems for a company."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What is a clustered/non clustered index.

3 Answers

I explained how a clustered index was in sequential physical order on disk and a non clustered index used pointers or a hash table for index lookup. I started to explain the advantages/disadvantages of each index type but the two guys interviewing me just seemed so confused and lost. I think I would have been better of simply saying "it makes lookup faster".

I explained how a clustered index was in sequential physical order on disk and a non clustered index used pointers or a hash table for index lookup. I started to explain the advantages/disadvantages of each index type and how I would use them.

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

Whats the difference between inner join and outer join?

2 Answers

What reporting tools have you used? Actuate, Brio, Crystal Reports? How much experience have you had in scheduling jobs on Unix? Can you write XML and implement it?

1 Answer

how to exchange variable a and b's value without using a third variable?

1 Answer

They asked questions about solving problems programatically

1 Answer

Solving random scenarios with hypothetical databases. Nothing too difficult if you have worked with SQL in the past.

Why UCDavis Health?

what are different lookups in SSIS? POWERBI and DAX related questions

1 Answer

Without going into details, they gave me a situation, that a business person gave me some information, and I needed to build an application for that business person. How would I do it. They say start from the database to the front end.