Business Intelligence Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Business Intelligence Manager Interview Questions

"Employers are looking for business intelligence managers with advanced problem-solving and analytical skills, in-depth knowledge of industry practices, and sufficient leadership experience to utilize data to provide solutions for business strategies to the company. When interviewing for this position, you may be asked about your experience with prior leadership positions, understanding of data management software, and knowledge of the industry you will be working in."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

The typical "difficult" question that comes up in Business Intelligence is (and I'm paraphrasing), "What's the best data warehouse solution?".

1 Answer

It's a great question but analogous to asking, "What's the best house or the best car?". The answer depends on several factors. I'd start with requirements and budget and discuss what is possible within those parameters. If you watch "Property Virgins" on HGTV, the educational process is similar, as are the "buyers" perceptions.

What my feelings were about sub-prime lending.

1 Answer

The SAP contractors were most interested in knowing what is my opinion about their in-memory analysis product SAP HANA. There were no questions to assess my managerial capabilities rather the two junior people with Indian origin only focused on technical items such as the Business Objects software version I used, how long before.

1 Answer

There were a few interesting questions on database architecture but the ONE BIG question I have is with all the money, resources, and time these guys have put into advanced decision support systems, why are they not more successful? If I had half the systems these guys had in my last 2 jobs, I would have been a business rock star. My only conclusion is that it is all about not rocking the boat at YP.com and pure paralysis by analysis......

1 Answer

After so many years at your previous employer, why do you want to leave and start all over on building your network?

1 Answer

You're playing a game with a friend where some third party flips a fair coin. You can choose a sequence of either Heads, Heads, Tails or Heads, Tails, Heads. Your friend gets the remaining sequence. Whoever's sequence occurs first wins. Which do you pick?

1 Answer

I was presented with a 9-step procedure to forecast unit sales based on the previous 12 weeks and the history over the past two years, and a general notion that it combines a static average, a linear trend, and a function modeling seasonality. I was given 25 mins to come up with explanations what each step did.

1 Answer

There were not a lot of questions, really it was more them telling me about the role, group, etc.

You are provided with a simple model of the success of a marketing campaign from clicking an add through making an actual purchase, and need to explain the key metrics for each stage. The model is then applied to compare profit versus cost for two scenarios, where in one of them the cost is higher but also the customer willingness to provide their email (one of the steps is capturing their email). For that case, you need to calculate the click-through rate to break even, and then compare that click-through to the initial (base) scenario

How would I go about developing strategy for an organization based on my background.

110 of 20 Interview Questions