Business manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Business manager Interview Questions

"Businesses depend on their business managers to oversee the operations of a department to ensure that goals are being met and productivity is consistent. In an interview, expect to cover questions about large accounts you may have managed, your previous experiences in business, and how you handle conflict or stress. In addition, you may be asked to explain how you validate data integrity or to even provide a sales pitch for their company."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Tell me about a time you used analysis to make a business-critical decision. Walk me through the analysis and outcome.

2 Answers

I analyzed the output of all the machines on our factory sales floor and determined what the bottleneck machines were. I put in a request to purchase more of the bottleneck machines. The new machines alleviated the bottleneck in production, drastically speeding up the total output of the factory in the process.

So is this a kind of Leadership Principle questions? Thank you for sharing your experience. Wondering have you tried Rooftop Slushie for your interview prep? I saw some posts similar with your experience - which are really useful for me so far. rooftopslushie.com

What would you do to grow our business. How would someone know this if they were not from that industry.

2 Answers

What's the most creative or proud example you have of an exceptional insight you got from analytics work?

1 Answer

How would I validate the data for integrity of results?

1 Answer

What are your strengths as a manager?

1 Answer

What markets do you think Cisco should get into and why?

1 Answer

The typical "difficult" question that comes up in Business Intelligence is (and I'm paraphrasing), "What's the best data warehouse solution?".

1 Answer

Credit card insurance case: calculate break-even claim rate where response rate = 2%, fee charged = 1% of monthly balance, and average balance = $1,000 per month.

8 Answers

I was thrown for a loop when I was asked a random question at the end of the interview. She just said, "i'm going to read you a story".

2 Answers

How influential are you in your current role and what are some of the methods you use to ensure your customers are satisfied with their products?

3 Answers