Business Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Business Manager Interview Questions

"Businesses depend on their business managers to oversee the operations of a department to ensure that goals are being met and productivity is consistent. In an interview, expect to cover questions about large accounts you may have managed, your previous experiences in business, and how you handle conflict or stress. In addition, you may be asked to explain how you validate data integrity or to even provide a sales pitch for their company."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would I validate the data for integrity of results?

1 Answer

Create quick pivot and then connect to the totals for different reports, using simple logical function in Excel.

Tell me about your sales approach to a client who has stated that they don't like EMC...

1 Answer

What would you do to grow our business. How would someone know this if they were not from that industry.

1 Answer

What's the most creative or proud example you have of an exceptional insight you got from analytics work?

1 Answer

What are your strengths as a manager?

1 Answer

What markets do you think Cisco should get into and why?

1 Answer

The typical "difficult" question that comes up in Business Intelligence is (and I'm paraphrasing), "What's the best data warehouse solution?".

1 Answer

Tell me about a time you used analysis to make a business-critical decision. Walk me through the analysis and outcome.

1 Answer

Credit card insurance case: calculate break-even claim rate where response rate = 2%, fee charged = 1% of monthly balance, and average balance = $1,000 per month.

8 Answers

Have you ever managed a large account?

2 Answers