Business Systems Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Business Systems Analyst

Business Systems Analyst Interview Questions

"Business systems analysts work closely with a company's IT systems to optimize operations and maximize its business performance. Employers are looking for candidates with a combination of excellent IT and communication skills as well as an understanding of how the company conducts its business. In preparation for an interview, be ready to discuss your ability to manage multiple projects at once, offer advice around resource allocation, and influence clients to follow your recommendations."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

In a chaotic environment, how would you manage multiple deliverables?

1 Answer

I would first understand the company priorities and the deliverable dates based on this information I would then manage my project plans against any issues, risks, constraints, and dependencies. Maintain logs as to how issues / risks were resolved or minimized. If encountered with an impact to schedule, cost, or quality I would raise that up to management for awareness, review of options, and decisions.

Tell me a time when you had to influence clients to follow a different course of action.

1 Answer

How has your previous experience prepared you for a role like this?

2 Answers

What would you do if you were told to just reproduce an existing report for requirements?

1 Answer

How would you perform an application upgrade?

1 Answer

Your resume is tailored to this job, did you make it up?

3 Answers

How much business analyst experience do you have?

3 Answers

1 bag, full of 10s, 20s, 50s, 100s equally distributed How much would you pay to take 1 draw?

2 Answers

For vision plus profile: Mostly application related at high level and core mainframe questions

Do you know SQL?