Business Systems Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Business Systems Analyst Interview Questions

"Business systems analysts work closely with a company's IT systems to optimize operations and maximize its business performance. Employers are looking for candidates with a combination of excellent IT and communication skills as well as an understanding of how the company conducts its business. In preparation for an interview, be ready to discuss your ability to manage multiple projects at once, offer advice around resource allocation, and influence clients to follow your recommendations."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

In a chaotic environment, how would you manage multiple deliverables?

1 Answer

I would first understand the company priorities and the deliverable dates based on this information I would then manage my project plans against any issues, risks, constraints, and dependencies. Maintain logs as to how issues / risks were resolved or minimized. If encountered with an impact to schedule, cost, or quality I would raise that up to management for awareness, review of options, and decisions.

How would you perform an application upgrade?

1 Answer

How has your previous experience prepared you for a role like this?

2 Answers

What would you do if you were told to just reproduce an existing report for requirements?

1 Answer

Tell me a time when you had to influence clients to follow a different course of action.

1 Answer

Your resume is tailored to this job, did you make it up?

3 Answers

What could you possibly bring to our team?

2 Answers

Ther really were no difficult questions. Everything was very simple, no tricks.

1 Answer

To explain why my experience was as good as a new (within 5 years) masters degree.

110 of 631 Interview Questions