cPanel *NIX Technical Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

NIX Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at cPanel (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview consisting of some Linux questions. What is a kernel panic and what Linux commands do you know.

The second interview was on-site. You are invited to sit at a laptop, connect to a server, and work three issues. These problems are relatively elementary but you are connected to a big screen where two or more are watching every keystroke, every reference that you use. This made me nervous. I can work issues all day long. On the big screen for someone on the autistic spectrum is a nightmare. I ended up just calling it a day.

Interview Questions

• A MySQL server starts up with an error. Figure out what is causing the error and get it started properly.   1 Answer
  • Trying to install a package. Gives an error. Figure out why it isn't working   Answer Question
  • Exim returns an error. Figure out why.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for cPanel

*NIX Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at cPanel (Houston, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Did a phone interview with this company, two people on call. Answered most questions correctly.But within seconds of giving interview I got an email that I was not selected.That was way too fast to make a decision ,especially when the interview went well..

*NIX Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at cPanel (Houston, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Applied online through cPanel's website. They are very good about communicating with you via email and I scheduled a phone interview that consisted of an HR person and the hiring manager. They asked some questions about various technologies and whether or not I was familiar with them. They indicated they wanted to set up an in person interview at their office. I scheduled the interview for a few days later. I arrived at the office and was greeted by the same HR person I spoke with on the phone and was taken to a conference room at their office. The hiring manager came into the room and I was asked to solve some problems on an example/test server using the command line and whatever Internet resources (Read: Google) I wanted. There were 3 different scenarios I had to resolve, of which I only answered one correctly. That was the entirety of the interview. In fact, I wouldn't really call it an interview, but more of a strict skills test. They simply want to know if you have the skills necessary to do the job, which I completely understand, but it obviously doesn't allow the interviewee to highlight their background and skills. I was told I would find out about the job a week later, but was never contacted.

Interview Questions

• A MySQL server starts up with an error. Figure out what is causing the error and get it started properly.   Answer Question
    • Exim returns an error. Figure out why.   Answer Question