Career Counselor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Career Counselor

Career Counselor Interview Questions

"Career counselors very often work with students, returning military veterans, and low-income families with the goal of helping people transition into the workforce. For this reason, employers will be looking for individuals with strong communication skills and the creativity to help people find a personally fulfilling career. A bachelor's degree in counseling is expected for this position."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How will you improve a struggling department (job search and counseling) in a difficult economy?

1 Answer

I will work with the students instructors and industry professionals to network and gain leads as well as creating an action plan to asses critical areas.

What trends in career counseling am I aware of?

1 Answer

Do you have any previous experience with our population?

Do you like to eat?

1 Answer

What do you like to do for fun?

1 Answer

What kind of supervisor do you work with best?

1 Answer

How would I handle being a counselor, but needing to fill in at the Front office desk answering a ringning phone line along with a line of soldiers waiting to be seen and a supervisor requesting top priority information.

No difficult questions; standard questions about why Columbia, why career counseling, working with challenging students/clients, collaboration.

Tell me about a time when you managed a full caseload of clients.

Why do you want to work for Golden Gate University? What do you know about Golden Gate University student population? Do you have any questions?

110 of 61 Interview Questions