Career counselor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Career counselor Interview Questions

"Career counselors very often work with students, returning military veterans, and low-income families with the goal of helping people transition into the workforce. For this reason, employers will be looking for individuals with strong communication skills and the creativity to help people find a personally fulfilling career. A bachelor's degree in counseling is expected for this position."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What trends in career counseling am I aware of?

The popularity of E-portfolios

How will you improve a struggling department (job search and counseling) in a difficult economy?

1 Answer

How I would prioritize my ideas from the presentation

1 Answer

A time I saw a project through, from concept to execution

1 Answer

How will I rremembr you at the end of the week when I've interviewed 8 other people for this position?

1 Answer

Tell me of a time when you had to handle a difficult and escalating situation with a youth. How did you resolve and de-escalate the situation? Tell me of a time when you had a disagreement with an employee or manager and how you handled the situation? How are you with deadlines? What is your experience with computer programs such as Word, Excel? How are your organizational skills? How familiar are you with diversity?

1 Answer

Do you have any previous experience with our population?

1 Answer

Why do you think we should hire you for the position?

1 Answer

Why do you want to work for Golden Gate University? What do you know about Golden Gate University student population? Do you have any questions?

1 Answer

What do you know about us.

110 of 68 Interview Questions