Case manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for case manager

Case manager Interview Questions

"As a case manager, you're responsible for assessing and providing guidance for the physical and mental health issues of individuals and families. Employers are looking for candidates who demonstrate excellent communication and problem-solving skills as well as show strong knowledge of the healthcare industry so that they can properly advise patients in a cost-effective manner. Come prepared to answer behavioral questions about ethical decisions you would make on the job, such as how you would handle a child whose parents are repeat abusers or a family that violates the rules of its shelter care. You may have to juggle heavy caseloads on the job, so employers will want to hear about your multitasking and time management skills."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you prioritize high volume and time sensitive situations. For example, you have a client scheduled for an appointment, a supervisor from another office has called because the individual needs information reported quickly, and you also have to complete case notes that are due.

2 Answers

I answered by first completing a quick assessment. Since the supervisor is currently on the phone I would inform them that I have a client coming in and ask if it is okay to help the client first or if the situation must be completed immediately. In general, I would try to help the client first since they are currently in the office with an appointment. If the supervisor needs the information immediately I would ask the client to wait a few minutes. The case notes would be last because I would have already taken shorthand notes and would only need to transfer them and get them submitted.

I meant to vote in favor of this answer, it helped me out how to explain and organize my thoughts and prioritize without leaving anyone out.

You arrive at a home visit and you can hear people arguing and a lot of commotion inside the house. How would you handle this situation?

2 Answers

How would you handle a patient who is in a crisis and its 5 minutes away from the time your shift ends?

2 Answers

What do you think about placing a child back in a home where he was previously abused?

1 Answer

What did I hope to accomplish in my nursing career and how would this position fit into my plans

1 Answer

Can you speak directly with the physician if needed?

6 Answers

During the phone interview they ask you if there is anything you wouldn't want to be posted in the paper about yourself.

3 Answers

Would I consider continuing my educatioin

3 Answers

why do you want to work for this company? What are your future goals? what would you do if you see your co-worker doing something wrong?

3 Answers

What would you look for in a company?

110 of 2,468 Interview Questions