Case study Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Case study Interview Questions

interview questions shared by candidates

Case study Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Complete a financial case study.

2 Answers

A lot of information is given, but major items are left out. They want to to your reasoning with filling in the information gaps and overall competence completing the income statement and powerpoint.

Can you give more details on the case study? More of what was involved and some main concepts that were covered?

Case study: You are a senior project manager with the option to choose one of two clients for your next project: Client A, whose brand A has a very broad customer base consisting of customers who buy Brand A infrequently. Client B, whose brand B has a much smaller but more loyal customer base. If you had enough resources to conduct research for only one brand, which would you pick (and believe will be most successful), and why?

2 Answers

Her last question was a "case study question" which evolved as she was speaking with me. It started off as "Say the biggest firm and the second biggest firm merge. What would be your concerns with this?" ...Vague, but I got that she meant from the standpoint of competition/antitrust litigation which comprises the majority of Compass Lexecon's work. After I listed various potential concerns that would need to be looked at, she then said "Let's say there are two scenarios: 1) You have a market with 10 firms and the largest two firms have 20% and 30% of the market share, respectively, and then the rest of the firms split the market share equally between the rest of them; and the other scenario is that you have a market with four firms and the top two have 20% and 30% of the market share and the rest of the market is shared equally between the other two. Which of these two scenarios is more troubling?" Mind you, this is said all over the phone and she is stumbling over her words trying to explain the situation that seemed like she made up on the spot. Later in the conversation, the second scenario somehow became a market comprised of "three firms" instead of the four firms she had initially described. It was obnoxious. After I gave her an answer (Scenario 1 would be more troubling) she responded with "Why?" so I explained how I reached my conclusion, and then she asked "Why would scenario 1 necessarily result in that?" So I said explained that it wouldn't "necessarily", but it could for the following reasons (yada yada yada), and then she asked me an additional question that was some derivative of "Why do you think that?" She basically beat the question into the ground trying to break down my thought process. At the end she said "I tend to agree with you that Scenario 1 would be more troubling." I felt like she was stringing the question along hoping I would make a mistake that she could zero in on.

1 Answer

Men's fashion retailer case study

1 Answer

How will deal with an alcoholic subordinate.

1 Answer

You get an hour to prepare for a case study - and delivering your ideas on a white board. After the hour is up - you present your case to a manager. The case study was not "difficult" but rather lengthy. I did not have enough time to finish everything I would have liked to. Be prepared to get your most valid points out before diving into the details - and read the entire case study before starting. Some important information lies at the end of the case study document.

1 Answer

Case study on elevators in a building

1 Answer

How many barber shops are there in America?

1 Answer

You've recently joined a business group that is struggling to deliver an online service. The product team says everything looks good and doesn't know why the service is failing. You have two weeks to figure it out. What do you do?

1 Answer

This was a management internship, so they asked related questions. They gave me three different employee profiles and asked me questions related. The most difficult one was "How would you encourage a long term employee in his 50s who usually makes sales goals to meet the quota of signing up customers for credit cards?"

110 of 33 Interview Questions