Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor
Glassdoor Logo

Find jobs for Cashier

Cashier Interview Questions

"Employers are looking to hire cashiers with great customer service skills and experience handling cash. In preparation for an interview, come ready to answer role-play questions that will assess your ability to appease difficult customers under stressful circumstances. Make sure to showcase a positive and easy-to-work-with attitude that will convince your interviewer you're right for the job."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

"A customer is buying cans of vegetables that are ringing up at $0.75, but she insists they were on sale for $0.35. What would you do?"

4 Answers

They want you to just take the customers word and change the price without question for things like this, so long as it's within $3. If it's more than that you should call someone to check the price on the item, if it's less, they don't care.

Ask for help to get a price check and tell the customer it will be quick.

I will call the manager and they can help me to do something about like changing price.

How would you handle a rude customer

3 Answers

What would you do if there was a line of angry customers and the person infront was taking a long time to order?

3 Answers

Explain the perfect manager in your opinion.

2 Answers

Explain to me a time in a past job where you stepped up as a manager

2 Answers

What do you know about vegan, gluten free, kosher, etc diets?

2 Answers

What is an obstacle you overcame?

8 Answers

Name your greatest weaknesses.

where do you see yourself in 5 years

3 Answers

The manager of the store asked me if I liked to drink, what, and how much. Also asked me if I had a boyfriend.

110 of 24,001 Interview Questions