Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cashier Interview Questions

"Employers are looking to hire cashiers with great customer service skills and experience handling cash. In preparation for an interview, come ready to answer role-play questions that will assess your ability to appease difficult customers under stressful circumstances. Make sure to showcase a positive and easy-to-work-with attitude that will convince your interviewer you're right for the job."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

"A customer is buying cans of vegetables that are ringing up at $0.75, but she insists they were on sale for $0.35. What would you do?"

4 Answers

They want you to just take the customers word and change the price without question for things like this, so long as it's within $3. If it's more than that you should call someone to check the price on the item, if it's less, they don't care.

Ask for help to get a price check and tell the customer it will be quick.

I will call the manager and they can help me to do something about like changing price.

How would you handle a rude customer

3 Answers

What would you do if there was a line of angry customers and the person infront was taking a long time to order?

3 Answers

Explain to me a time in a past job where you stepped up as a manager

2 Answers

What do you know about vegan, gluten free, kosher, etc diets?

2 Answers

how can you take a child daily getting under your skin saying the worst things you could imagine? Do you have tough skin? If a rough oversized kid became agressive how would you handle with that?

1 Answer

What is an obstacle you overcame?

8 Answers

Name your greatest weaknesses.

where do you see yourself in 5 years

3 Answers

The manager of the store asked me if I liked to drink, what, and how much. Also asked me if I had a boyfriend.

110 of 23,115 Interview Questions