Category Development Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Category Development Manager Interview Questions

Category development manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

HR person surprised me when asking if I had my presentation ready when she took me to the interview room. I asked her what she was talking about, and she said her email had advised me that I'd need to create and present an catman example to my interviewers, and that I was supposed to have hard copies for them. (I subsequently checked my emails, and confirmed that there was no mention of a presentation). After the interviews, she told me that she double checked her records, and that this position did not require a presentation.

3 Answers

My response to the HR person was that I'd not noticed anything in her email about a presentation, and that I could talk about anything they wanted based on my experience. I think the purpose of the question was to see how candidates respond under stress, and how easily they can rebound. The key is to not miss a beat or get flustered.

I have heard that before.. lot of companies like to throw you a curve just to see how you will respond…

That sounds like a mind game.

Describe a time when you had to take complex data and break it down to communicate it more simply.

Tell me about a time you had a difficult problem to solve

Using the STAR approach, tell me a time when you had to make a difficult business decision

What syndicated tools have you used? Give an example of pulling insights from that information.

1 Answer