Catering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Catering Interview Questions

"Working in catering requires professionalism and excellent customer service. During an interview, expect to be asked about your flexibility, passion for the culinary arts, and skills that you can contribute to the company and client's experience. To ace your interview, come with an optimistic attitude to show that you can provide a positive service for events that you would be working."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

What would you do if a client was upset with you on the phone?

1 Answer

Let the client talk, when there's a pause, tell them "I understand how you feel." That I would take responsibility and tell them I will do everything in my power to make this right by them and see to it that it never happens again.

Have you ever worked in catering before.

1 Answer

How do you handle working on a team?

describe a time where you had to handle a conflict with a guest/client

I think the most unexpected question was if I were a cereal, what cereal would I be and why,

2 Answers

When can you start?

1 Answer

How many hours do you work per day? No, I don't mean are you flexible in your availability, we assumed that! Exactly how many hours do you work every day? Please break this down and describe by each day of the week.

1 Answer

Create an entire marketing plan for this property of 3 to 4 pages AND a mock banquet event order. This was just to qualify for an interview.

1 Answer

Describe yourself in 4 words or less.

1 Answer

I truly can't recall anything out of the ordinary that I was asked.

110 of 274 Interview Questions