Sales manager Interview Questions in Charleston, SC | Glassdoor

Sales manager Interview Questions in Charleston, SC

"As a sales manager, it's your job to guide your team to success by setting appropriate quotas and goals, building sales plans, establishing training programs, and and developing sales strategies. Employers are looking for candidates who are skilled negotiators, planners, and leaders. In an interview, come ready to discuss your management style and how you've closed sales in the past. Excelling in sales is all about delivering superb customer service, so be prepared to offer a sales pitch on the spot or answer a scenario question about handling tough customers."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

They asked alot of questions about commission and appointments what was typical etc

2 Answers

I was comfortable being out in the field in a high pace environment

Consider yourself lucky that you didn't get the job

unexpected questions are irrelevant here, they stay on topic. The most unexpected question was if you are planning on staying with our company, what aspect of your job requirements are you most likely going to have slip as your work begins to become more habitual than a newer job like after the first six months to a year. I thought it was an interesting yet difficult question because usually an employer would ask what your weaknesses may be, but the way it was worded was simple after thinking about it... the interviewer wanted to see if you would continue with a job and eventually get lazy and skip out on certain tasks that you as a manager are/would be entitled to do on a daily basis.

2 Answers

How can I contribute to the bottom line?

1 Answer

why did I want to move to Charleston for this job

About past government sales

1 Answer

Tell me how hiring you over the next candidate will make this company money or save this comany money.

1 Answer

The interview questions were the typical ones regarding where I came from and why I'm interested in joining their company. All in all, the sales director (man) seemed pleasant, knowledgeable and could likely sell ice to an eskimo. He seemed the classic snake oil salesman. The VP of Sales (lady) was the most pedantic person I've ever come across. She seemed the type that would manage others through intimidation and below-the-belt tactics. I was then invited to lunch by the same guy (inside sales manager) who took me to the airport afterward.

1 Answer

Actually a comment: "things constantly change here. If you are not comfortable with change, then you might not enjoying working here." Also: Why do you want to work for Benefitfocus.

1 Answer

Square Footage of last Conference Center Hotel I solicited and sold.

1 Answer

One person after another came on my screen asked their question, you barely had enough time to answer and may I say I found the whole process to be very discriminatory, age wise and demeaning.