Software Developer Interview Questions in Charleston, SC | Glassdoor

Software Developer Interview Questions in Charleston, SC

"Software developers design, write, test, and maintain the code for a software system. Extensive knowledge of programming languages, data structures, and algorithms are necessary to pass the technical interview which is designed to test these skills. Employers are looking for candidates with a bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent work experience. "

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

"What is the difference between a list and a set?"

1 Answer

This question was quite vague, and I wasn't certain if it was referring to those interfaces in Java, or in general CS. The interviewer did not elaborate when I asked what the question referred to.

Explain your logic for the HackerRank problem and what you would do differently in hindsight.

How would you rate yourself on your JavaScript skills from 1 to 10

1 Answer

There were no difficult or unexpected questions. All questions were pertinent to the position, and pertained to knowledge that a practitioner would be expected to have.

Questions concerning data structures, algorithms, test-driven-development, dependency injection, inversion of control, systems architecture/design, databases, and front-end/back-end development. There was a focus on Java, JavaScript, and SQL.

Since I did not have a security clearance at the time, I was asked about my background: any criminal issues, arrests, drugs, etc.

1 Answer

How do you handle working with difficult people?