Technical support Interview Questions in Charleston, SC | Glassdoor

Find jobs for technical support

Technical support Interview Questions in Charleston, SC

"Technical support jobs combine computer know-how with customer service skills in order to help customers troubleshoot computer-related issues. While some employers require candidates to have a bachelor's or associate's degree in computer science, others may only be looking for some level of computer knowledge and an ability to learn as you go. In an interview, expect to answer a variety of troubleshooting questions, such as how you would help a customer with a program that keeps crashing or a computer that won't connect to the internet."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What do you have to bring to the table?

1 Answer

How do install and uninstall an app?

The most difficult question asked of me was what would I do if a computer powered off and wouldn't power back on. The only other technical question asked was if I knew how to unlock accounts via Active Directory

1 Answer

How would you describe a firewall to someone who was not tech savvy

1 Answer

Describe a time when you had to deal with an angry customer, and how you turned things around positively.

1 Answer

Did I have experience with certain programs the current position would be using.

1 Answer

Tell me how you would handle an angry customer

1 Answer

Tell me about a time when something went wrong and what you did to fix it.

1 Answer

Most were how you would handle different troubleshooting situations, very general, open ended and the cultural questions were the usual "Strength and Weaknesses' BS.

1 Answer

Why do you think you're a good fit for this job?

1 Answer

What do you think is the key quality in a customer service representative?