Director of Operations Interview Questions in Charlotte, NC | Glassdoor

Director of Operations Interview Questions in Charlotte, NC

"As a director of operations, you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of a company. Your responsibilities as an operations director will vary by company as will the interview questions you are asked. Prepare to answer multiple questions regarding your communication skills and ability to delegate tasks as well as technical questions regarding your technical understanding of the operations of purchasing, sales, and manufacturing departments. A typical director of operations will possess a master's degree in business administration."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would I handle difficult people who are subordinates, that may think they can do the job better than you on day one?

1 Answer

I was asked about my experience in guest services, sales, and health/fitness/self-defense.

to explain my experience designing and tracking sales systems

After the phone screenings, the onsite interviews only focused on cases. Each session generally began with "tell me about yourself/experience", then delved into the cases. The first case was simple mental math and you are encourage to write it out on the white board. The second case offered two options where you had to determine which strategy to present to the company. This case required a lot of questions to understand key details. The final case was an Excel sheet of data that required some manipulation to rank sales agents.