Graphic Designer Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Graphic Designer

Graphic Designer Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Graphic Designer Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

In preparation for an interview, come ready to discuss your portfolio at length as well as your design process and what design software you are familiar with. Graphic design positions can be very specific to the company so make sure you brush up on the company's current design style and are ready to explain how your style and experience will mesh.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

The questions were not altogether unexpected: What is your ideal work situation. Describe work you are most proud of. Describe what you do best. Etc.

1 Answer

This video skype-like process fails to comprehend the notion that the candidate is also interviewing the company. There is ZERO opportunity to ask questions or to gain feedback. I believe this system is deeply flawed and inherently has a bias against older/senior level candidates. How so? Read the Kcura pr and one comes away with the 'work hard, play hard' cliche. Anyone older than 30 with a family is geared toward 'work hard, go home'. It would surprise me if there are many new hires 40+.

The most surprising comments/questions were regarding working in a collaborative environment. Most design agencies encourage this, but it is clear from speaking with the team that this office runs very individually, with little to no communication between designers.

1 Answer

Asked me to do a written brand analysis on two of their current brands.

Tell me about a time where you failed a project and what you do about it

2 Answers

Can I redesign print collateral along with email marketing.

1 Answer

Have you previously held a full-time design position?

Are you still interested in this position?

110 of 112 Interview Questions