Graphic Designer Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor
Graphic Designer Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Graphic Designer Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

In preparation for an interview, come ready to discuss your portfolio at length as well as your design process and what design software you are familiar with. Graphic design positions can be very specific to the company so make sure you brush up on the company's current design style and are ready to explain how your style and experience will mesh.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

I do not believe that my portfolio was fully prepared for that specific interview. There were a few gaps (such as html emails) that they were looking for, that I have, but had no examples of.

1 Answer

I offered to email examples after the interview to fill in the gaps.

will I be able to provide the stuff I need

1 Answer

Describe one of your faults.

1 Answer

Basic simple questions: How would your coworkers describe you?

1 Answer

How do you feel about a strict corporate dress code?

1 Answer

How would I feel about reporting in on my opinion what would help the design department?

1 Answer

The questions were not altogether unexpected: What is your ideal work situation. Describe work you are most proud of. Describe what you do best. Etc.

1 Answer

The most surprising comments/questions were regarding working in a collaborative environment. Most design agencies encourage this, but it is clear from speaking with the team that this office runs very individually, with little to no communication between designers.

1 Answer

What are your top three "musts" in a job. I had no idea what they were asking.

2 Answers

Are you able to work long hours, this is not a 40hr work week.

110 of 190 Interview Questions