Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

"When interviewing candidates for the role of mechanical engineer, employers look for candidates who are enthusiastic to create innovative designs, analyses, and methods of production for mechanical systems. Expect to answer engineering questions that will assess your knowledge of the field as well as your creative problem-solving abilities to turn a theoretical device into a real product. In addition, come ready to discuss examples of past projects or designs and how you would excel in a team-oriented setting."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What I want to do with my life? (As my background is so varied.

1 Answer

Design Engineer. I want to take a more a rigorous approach to my creative/design background.

I was asked to estimate the time it would take to excavate mt. fuji with a dump truck. More of a critical thinking analysis.

1 Answer

What attracted you to primera?

3 Answers

"Tell me about yourself"

1 Answer

"how would you improve and already existing process"

1 Answer

He asked about 4-5 behavioral STAR questions; Name a time you worked successfully as part of a group, name a time you had to seek help from someone else, name a time you overcame something unexpected, name a time when you were forced to work in an uncomfortable situation or environment and asked a few follow ups for each one while taking notes. Pretty standard interview questions.

Typical questions, checking my work history and sharing my experiences of them as a firm that my previous employer did business with.