Operations Manager Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Operations Manager

Operations Manager Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

"Employers want operations managers with the leadership, managerial, and interpersonal skills to effectively manage daily operations, evaluate operational costs, and make personnel decisions. Be prepared to discuss your management style as well as your experience handling conflicts and motivating teams to meet deadlines. You should also be ready to answer operational questions such as how you would improve processes to cut costs. A bachelor's degree in management or a similar field of study is required, with a master's degree being ideal."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would I handle a pending promotion for an employee?

1 Answer

I would sit down with them and discuss the preliminaries: they're up for promotion, list the responsibilities I'm looking for in my supervisors, list what they needed to work on specifically as well as what they're doing right already, and then give them the perspective date of when the promotion would occur.

Tell me about yourself?

1 Answer

How should you respond to the city officials claiming that Uber disadvantages older drivers unfamiliar with technology?

8 Answers

Why would you take the position?

1 Answer

With a huge capital budget, where would you put your priorities while building this sector.

1 Answer

What skills do you have that may not be on your resume?

1 Answer

What would I bring to the role and the company?

1 Answer

Do I have sanitation experience? Unexpected.

1 Answer

Overall the process was very fast. I passed the HR screening and homework assignments and was quickly scheduled for a telephone interview with the hiring manager. It was brief (about 30 minutes) but I was invited to meet the team a few days later. The overall in person experience was mixed. I met with three Comm Ops Managers and two seemed to have reviewed my resume. The third person came in seemingly unprepared and I spent most of our short time together summarizing my work experience. The job description includes a variety of tasks and responsibilities but I believe the Comm Ops Managers are heavily focused on widget resolution. They couldn't give me clear examples of how they use data to reduce issues in the future and they don't seem interested in developing training for drivers/customers. At the conclusion of my interviews I met with the hiring manager and she was pleasant but trying to multi-task on her computer. She wanted to know about my interview experience and asked if I had any questions. She positively commented on my fluency in another language and how it could directly help them in addressing support issues in that language. However a day later I was told I wasn't a match with the group and my candidacy ended... Needless to say I switched to Lyft later that afternoon ;)

1 Answer

What was the worst part about leaving my previous position.