Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Senior Software Engineer

Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

"Senior software engineers are the most experienced member of a software team and usually carry the most responsibility and authority of that team. Because of this, interviews will be designed to find candidates who have expert knowledge of the field and years of experience as a software engineer. Expect to be asked tough technical questions and to give examples of previous projects that you have worked on."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

The skill test was interesting, but not really difficult. I felt more constrained by the amount of time I had and the developer "looking over my shoulder."

2 Answers

can you please share the some of the technical questions?

It has been over a year since the interview, but here's what I can remember: - One question was related to method calling in C++ inheritance. I couldn't remember a lot about that since it's been *years* that I've coded in C++. The hiring manager said they do not use C++ much, but yet I got a question related to it. - Within a set of integers representing an arbitrary waveform, find the peak value. - Bit manipulation in C (swap bytes, I think). - How would you go about finding the beginning of an image in a photo? That's all I can remember. Good luck.

how would you design a software system? what tools can you use to estimate time required?

2 Answers

how to integrate disparate systems, methods and to make api calls. lot of questions on xml, devops methodologies and tools

1 Answer

The tests were challenging, although they were delivered with guidance and attention from interviewers to emphasize the collaborative nature of the environment. I was most challenged trying to parse a language with which I did not have familiarity while determining the intent of a code snippet, and an exercise involving analyzing requirements was extensive and definitely stretched me.

1 Answer

What annotations are used to inject a bean?

Spring Controller annotations,

1 Answer

Describe an instance when you encountered a problem with a customer/client and had to resolve it.

1 Answer

This is an actual multi-choice "question": function foo() { return 5; } Pick one of the choices: a) Assign the integer value 5 to the variable myVar b) Assign a reference to the function foo to the variable myVar c) Throw an exception d) Nothing

1 Answer

They asked about AWS and gave a use case about Big data.

About my past experience, Technical Questions and Future plans