Store Manager Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Store Manager Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

"When interviewing candidates for the role of store manager, employers are looking for positive leaders that can steer the team towards assisting customers, managing merchandise, and keeping the operation moving smoothly. In an interview context, be prepared to answer questions about your ability to sell a product, resolve issues, and create an enjoyable work environment with strong customer service. You should also be ready to discuss any previous experience in sales or retail."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

3 Answers

Whatever you do, don't tell them that you want to be in grad school! Tell them that you see yourself working your way up the management chain, that you consider Family Video's business model to be exemplary, that you want to attach yourself to a rising company in a declining market. Lie. It sucks, but the truth is that a Family Video job is about as good as a new grad can get, regardless of your educational background. If they can smell aspirations on your breath, you're out.

Anywhere but Hastings. You'd be better off flipping burgers than managing one of their stores for even a year. Trust me I know.

That was a hard question for you?

what do you think of this store

2 Answers

Can I read a P&L and make sense of it.

Where do i see myself in 5 years in the company

1 Answer

He asked me why I was unhappy with my current job

Why Ann Taylor loft

1 Answer

how can I increase sales? Can I work weekends? Will I be reliable?

1 Answer

What areas do I feel I hae an opportunity to work on.

1 Answer

PBI based questions that are specfic to the duties of the role (tell me about a time in which you "customer interaction, drive business results, coached someone to improvement, etc")

1 Answer

What is your greatest weakness?

110 of 298 Interview Questions