Teller Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Teller Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

"Employers hiring bank tellers are looking for candidates who can provide superb customer service regardless of stressful circumstances. Expect a lot of situational or role-play questions that will assess your ability to diffuse unsatisfied customers and handle money professionally. In addition, bank tellers must also be comfortable with counting and handling bills efficiently and accurately, so come prepared to answer a mental math counting teaser."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

1. Let's role play, sell me a bank product..... 2. If im a customer and I declined what you are trying to sell me...

2 Answers

1. Hello, welcome to chase, how can I be of assistance to you today? I see that you're not enrolled in our chase dollar for dollar, would you like more info on that today? 2. Customer: no, I don't have time. Teller: Well, can I write down your info and have a personal banker call you later? I think this is where I messed up, saying this, lead the branch manager to thinking I was over qualified. She mentioned tellers usually don't want to sale people anything, they just want to do a transaction.

I think you did a great job. Another way to handle it would be (re 2) "I understand. I'd like for our personal banker to provide you with more information. When would be a good time for them to call you"? Then obtain phone number

What does PNC stand for?

2 Answers

What is exceptional customer service to you?

3 Answers

How did you handle a upset customer ?

2 Answers

Tell me of a policy that you didnt agree at your last job

1 Answer

Tell Me of an obsticle that you overcame

1 Answer

do you have cash handling experience?

1 Answer

Have I ever had a goal set forth to me that I was not able to met?

1 Answer

The most difficult questions are the "tell me about a time when" questions. they want to know about every positive and negative experience you have had in the workplace.

1 Answer

How did you handle a past customer dissasitfiaciton?

110 of 184 Interview Questions