Visual Merchandiser Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Visual Merchandiser Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

"As a visual merchandiser, the name of the game is creativity and an eye for aesthetically pleasing elements. Interviewers are interested in learning about the inspiration for your style, your knowledge of the company, and ability to handle difficult customers. Be prepared to ultimately showcase your skill set by styling a display for the interviewer that embodies your artistic flair or critic a display that the company already has."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

I had never had to create an on-the-spot display, and while I know that's not a question, that had to be the most difficult part of the interview process.

1 Answer

I stayed true to my own aesthetic but tried to incorporate bits of the West Elm vibe from just researching their website.

Was there ever a time you worked for a company and you saw someone doing something they shouldn't? What did you do?

1 Answer

What is your least favorite part of visual merchandising? (I found this difficult to answer without sounding negative, especially because I love merchandising.)

1 Answer

"What do you want to do with your life?" This was a tough question for a 23 year old that had no idea. They also made me discuss a lot about my prior decision making in University and past jobs. A little frustrating at the time.

2 Answers

So you are here for the merchansing position?

1 Answer

What position are you here to interview for?

2 Answers

What's the story here? (referring to mannequin and home displays)

What do you know about the company?

1 Answer

Describe your sense of fashion