CIO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CIO Interview Questions

"CIOs are hired for their strong IT background, years of experience, and strong leadership skills. Instead of technical questions, expect to discuss the highlights and lowlights of your IT career, as well as how you have shown leadership in other positions or projects. Looking towards the future, employers will also ask about what you plan to implement in the business, as well as test you on your knowledge of current advancements in the field. Come with a confident attitude and a desire to really play an active role in the company."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

why do you want to work here?

1 Answer

Opportunity to identify and implement a list of priorities for a company that has not invested in technology for 25 years.

What would you do in your first 30-60-90 days?

1 Answer

Why do you feel the skills you have acquired make you an excellent candidate?

1 Answer

How I felt about not having a degree and has it affected my career.

1 Answer

During lunch, the HR person came in and told me they had decided to not pursue my candidacy - which is fine - but then asked me leave ... right then. She said I would be contacted with feedback and follow-up, no one ever did nor did they respond to inquiry.

1 Answer

From the EVP: "When's the last time your wife told you to shut up?". "When's the last time you hurt someone's feelings?". "If you find yourself in a conflict how much of the problem is you?" "Would your wife agree with your answer?"

1 Answer

How will you make the transition from private sector to government job?

1 Answer

Describe your IT accomplishments.

2 Answers

What is your leadership style and experience. How will you be a good fit for this company.

3 Answers

why are you looking to leave your current position

110 of 79 Interview Questions