Civil Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Civil Engineer Interview Questions

Civil engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

If you recognized a design flaw on a project once submitted to the client that was not caught by the company or the client, was constructed, and ultimately caused an accident, would you bring it to the attention of senior management?

1 Answer

I would bring it to the attention of senior management as it is an ethical issue which the company has the obligation to take accountability for and correct.

For experienced engineers, one of the questions was to detail about all the major projects that I had worked on.

1 Answer

All of the interview questions were pretty standard, but I had some questions after my presentation that were technical (in regards to my topic) that made me a little flustered.

2 Answers

Why the construction industry?

Do you know AutoCAD?

1 Answer

A series of Civil 3D tasks were given.

1 Answer

What was your favorite class outside of Engineering?

1 Answer

They seemed most interested in my international experience and why I decided to become a civil engineer in the first place. The interview itself was definitely more of a discussion and the folks in the room seemed to really want to get to know me and see if I would fit in within their team.

1 Answer

How would you rate your team working skill?

1 Answer

As my research was on USDOT specifications, they asked me specifically about OHIO.

110 of 401 Interview Questions