Claims Adjuster Interview Questions | Glassdoor
Claims Adjuster Interview Questions

Claims Adjuster Interview Questions

"As an insurance claims adjuster, you'll need excellent customer service skills, strong decision-making abilities, and the confidence to excel in a stressful and fast-paced work environment. In preparation for an interview, come ready to discuss how you would properly evaluate evidence, make sound decisions, and deal with customers who disagree with those decisions. Employers may also ask about how you would remain neutral and focused when settling claims for damages from natural disasters or other tragedies. The licensing laws for claim adjusters vary by state, so make sure to check your state's laws before going to interviews."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

A shop disagrees with your estimate of labor hours and says you are trying to cheat the customer, who do you handle the situation?

2 Answers

I would ask the shop mechanic how much time he thinks it would take to fix the damages. If it is near my estimate, I would adjust the amount of labor hours to the mechanic’s estimation.

Describe a time when you had to tell someone bad news and there was nothing you could do to fix the situation?

2 Answers

The one unscripted question was: I am a customer, and you wrote the estimate on my car up as a 3 hour repair on the quarter panel, and I say I want it replaced. What do you say?

1 Answer

One question that was not part of the STAR method, I was asked was how do you help foster your work environment.

8 Answers

Phone Interview: Tell me about a time you made a bad decision? What happened? In-Person Interview: Tell me about a time where you made or suggested a change in policy or procedure at work? (Definitely research the STAR method and Progressive)

7 Answers

Are you looking for employment elsewhere

5 Answers

Just took the assessment and waiting for the next phase in the hiring process

5 Answers

Discuss a time you were in a busy environment how were you able to succeed in this environment?

4 Answers

The interviews that I had were informal. The managers that I met with, asked a couple of basic interview questions, but they wanted to get to know me more than go through the interview guide.

when can you go to work