Claims Adjuster Interview Questions | Glassdoor
Claims Adjuster Interview Questions

Claims Adjuster Interview Questions

"As an insurance claims adjuster, you'll need excellent customer service skills, strong decision-making abilities, and the confidence to excel in a stressful and fast-paced work environment. In preparation for an interview, come ready to discuss how you would properly evaluate evidence, make sound decisions, and deal with customers who disagree with those decisions. Employers may also ask about how you would remain neutral and focused when settling claims for damages from natural disasters or other tragedies. The licensing laws for claim adjusters vary by state, so make sure to check your state's laws before going to interviews."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

The one unscripted question was: I am a customer, and you wrote the estimate on my car up as a 3 hour repair on the quarter panel, and I say I want it replaced. What do you say?

1 Answer

I would reference the company policy explaining that the amount of damage done to the quarter panels warrants a repair, not a replacement. If the customer fears the safety of the car will be compromised, I would ensure them that the damage was mostly cosmetic and not structural.

A shop disagrees with your estimate of labor hours and says you are trying to cheat the customer, who do you handle the situation?

1 Answer

Describe a time when you had to tell someone bad news and there was nothing you could do to fix the situation?

2 Answers

What was your biggest mistake, and what did you learn from it?

3 Answers

Tell me about a time where you had to negotiate for something and you gave into the other person, what went wrong and what would you do next time?

2 Answers

Wha y was a time you wenter above and beyond

1 Answer

What was a time when you had to go outside the rules in order to help someone.

1 Answer

The first case was about a private equity firm thinking about investing into a laundromat firm and so needed to determine if it was profitable.

1 Answer

Name a time when you have encountered a customer who did not agree with a decision you made?

110 of 1,571 Interview Questions