Claims Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Claims Representative

Claims Representative Interview Questions

1,646

Claims representative interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

"A claimant comes in with her little children who are being very disruptive in the office. The mother (the claimant) cannot focus on the interview questions, what do you do?"

6 Answers

They didn't like any of my answers, and they wouldn't let it go...this part of the interview went on for 10 minutes. The answer they were looking for was that I should take toys, coloring books and crayons out of my desk and try to divert the childrens attension. I dont' have kids of my own, I never thought of it.

There is no "right " answer to these kind of questions. In addition, most SSA offices don't have toys, coloring books and crayons. Other ideas include asking if the claimant wants to come back another time, complete the application by phone or online, be patient and show some understanding, etc.

I was asked this exact question in interview as Claim Representative. Thanks so much for past bloggers because of you guys, I was prepared.

How long do you plan on staying with the company and what is your long term goal within the company?

5 Answers

Interview process is lengthy and very detailed.. be prepared to give some good impressive examples. What motivates you to go to work? Why Should I hire you? Why liberty mutual? Name a time you had to give complex instructions to someone? Name a time you took lead of a situation? What would your boss say is your weakness/ strengths? Name a time you had to give bad news to someone? Name a time you had to make a decision off little information? Where do you see yourself in the future?

5 Answers

Give a time you went above and beyond for a customer? How did you handle a upset customer, and what did you do to make it better?

4 Answers

1. Time you had conflict with a coworker, how did you handle it, what was the outcome. 2. Describe a time you weren't able to deliver on a timeframe you'd given a customer. Looking back, what do you think you could have done differently? 3. Describe a time you were given critical feedback. 4. A time you had to complete a large volume of work in a short amount of time. (Quantity vs Quality) 5. A time you had to solve a problem. How did you do it? What was the outcome? Do you think you made the right decision? Why or why not?

4 Answers

Imagine you're working for Geico and we are promoting a faster way to pay online. I caller calls in to make a payment and as you try to explain the new and fast way to pay they immediately say they are not interested. What do you do?

4 Answers

GEICO has a 90 day review period. You cannot be more than 5 minutes late during this time or you will be terminated. Do you think you can be at work on time every morning?

3 Answers

Tell us about a time you had to deliver bad news to someone

3 Answers

Customer receive notification of cancellation of policy due to late payment; payment was made but not process due wrong account payment numbers. How would you handle customer?

3 Answers

It was situational questions that sometimes I did not have an exact answer for like a customer service question regarding the worst customer I ever dealt with and how I handled it.

110 of 1,646 Interview Questions