cohens fashion optical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

cohens fashion optical Interview Questions

Updated Jan 17, 2017

2.9

Designer Interview

Interview

Although I didn't get the job they were very appreciative, my designs were original but I now design projectors. The overall experience was very nice and accommodating with a thorough background check so be careful with the interview going what I thought was quite smothly.

Interview Questions

• How long have to been designing   1 Answer

Vice President of Finance/Chief Financial Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at cohens fashion optical (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Was kept waiting for the first interview for nearly an hour. The second time the CFO stood right in front of me, already 20 minutes late, talking to another department head. I would have to say that I found him to be arrogant, dismissive and insulting. His experience/background was actually less extensive than mine, but he seemed to feel he was better than thou. He blamed the loss of his CFO on the owners and the fact that the his CFO could not get in line with how the owners ran things. I later found out that this was not the case.

He made statements to the fact that he expected to have to like people he hired, and that after work (10-12 hour days) they are expected to go out for drinks with him. He also thinks of himself as a writer...having read some of his vanity blogs on LinkedIn, this is clearly NOT the case.

Interview Questions

• He didn't so much ask questions as present his grandiose thoughts of himself and expectations for a "work horse" CFO. He doesn't take more than a weeks' vacation and expects others to follow suit. Likewise pretty much everything else he had to say was full of himself and his wants and needs. He ALSO stated that whomever he hired would be expected to fire staff he didn't like. Really???   1 Answer

Sales Person Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at cohens fashion optical (Paramus, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview lasted three minutes. Two questions where asked at most. I wasnt able to ask much because the interviewer seemed to be in a rush and seemed very unenthused. She didnt explain anything on how the job was either. Not much to expect during a 3 minute interview

Administrative/Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at cohens fashion optical (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online to a very vague admin posting. The following day I received a call from the receptionist who asked me if I was still looking for a job and I agreed to interview the next day. When I arrived early, I was asked to fill out an application (which I had already done online) which took about 15 minutes. By the time I met with the person who interviewed it, it was already about 25 minutes past my scheduled interview time. When I sat down with my interviewer, she had already printed out a copy of my resume, which was nice but I already had one. She basically just described the job, which ended up being really different from what I expected and was more of a glorified head of maintenance job. I wasn't really asked about any of my skills or why I wanted to work there. I asked her what the hardest part of the job was and she basically told me it would just me stressful all day. At this point I had basically decided that this wasn't a position I was seriously interested in. I was told that a decision would be made within the next couple of days for a second interview, but I decided after leaving that the company climate was not for me.

Interview Questions

• What are your duties at your current job? (only question asked)   Answer Question

The position was not what I expected.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at cohens fashion optical (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Interview process was smooth. Brought a copy of my resume along with a cover letter. Great, friendly staff and interview was very easy going. Hiring process was also very smooth. Started the role within days and got trained immediately.

Interview Questions

• What was my prior experience?   1 Answer

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at cohens fashion optical (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

The receptionist was slightly impolite and I was kept waiting for almost 30 mins before the interviewer finally came to greet me. This was a corporate position.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at cohens fashion optical (Brooklyn, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

I saw the job listing on Craigslist.org, and replied with my resume and contact info and was called back for an interview within a few days. There were two persons interviewing me in a very relaxed atmosphere. They were representatives of my former boss's franchisor. They were 'corporate' interviewers and were extremely pleasant and quite charming, the way a service oriented company is expected to be. I like the company except that one particular franchisee whom I worked for was highly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• "Tell us a little about yourself"   1 Answer
    • Which role do I prefer.   1 Answer