Colorist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

colorist Interviews

Colorist Interview Questions

colorist interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

When I first met my supervisor, the Print & Color Designer, she asked if I had ever done 'color calibration.' Even though I have been living in New York for 5 years now, I sometimes have trouble with technical language. I replied I haven't, but I am a very fast learner. To my surprise, the designer was really nice about it and managed to spare 5 minutes showing me what I need to do before the working hours started. When I saw that I already know how to do the job, I did not have problems with it. I managed to calibrate 90% of the old color library and finished the contract successfully, without any complaint from the designer.

2 Answers

Positive Working Environment

I applied to Kayser-Roth for a sourcing role, but was actually interviewed for a merchandising role. I was still completing my Masters of Science at NC State so I agreed to drive from Raleigh to Greensboro in the morning and have the interview. The interview only lasted about 30 minutes and when it was over, I was left sitting in the conference room by myself for about 10 minutes until the HR coordinator came back to escort me out and I was done. I was told I wouldn't hear back for a week, but was called the next morning and asked to drive out for another interview later that week. So again, I agreed to drive the 162 miles round trip for an interview that only lasted 20 minutes and could have taken place the first time I drove out there. I remember the HR coordinator being surprised when I said I had driven from Raleigh (even though I gave my Raleigh address for everything). During the second interview it was mentioned that I was supposed to have had a phone interview with the VP of Merchandising out of New York, but I had never been made aware. It turned out to be canceled, but still the disorganization took me off guard. I did end up having the phone interview which went well from my perspective and I was told I would know whether or not I would get the position within a week. After a week had past I emailed the HR coordinator to ask when I would hear if I was still being considered and also about potential reimbursement for the total 324 miles I drove for what equals less than an one hour interview. I have still not heard back about the job or reimbursement for the mileage.... While I was excited for this potential role and what the company had to offer, the experience I have had with the interview process has left a bad taste in my mouth and I don't think this is the kind of company I would want to work for or recommend to recent college grads.

What have you been doing since your last position?

1 Answer

Are you quick at cutting , or do you take you time?

1 Answer

What have you been doing since your last position?

1 Answer

Why would you want to work here and why do you think we should hire someone like you?

1 Answer

Can you do a military fade?

1 Answer

If I would be content with sitting at a desk all day.

1 Answer

Are your color correction skills at a level where you can grade high budget commercials?

Open Availability?

1 Answer

What kind of experience should I guest have in our salon?

110 of 20 Interview Questions