Assistant Manager Interview Questions in Columbus, OH | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Assistant Manager

Assistant Manager Interview Questions in Columbus, OH

"Assistant managers are needed in every industry to provide leadership and management support. Employers are looking for candidates with strong teamwork and organizational skills. In an interview, be ready to discuss your leadership experience, conflict management abilities, and knowledge of the industry for which you are applying."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What would you do if you had an employee who refused to follow a new program?

3 Answers

Suggest a time line in which they comply to the new program. If further refusal continues, ask for their resignation in writing.

Asking for resignation is a breeding pit for disaster waiting to happen. You come off as being militant and incredibly authoritative (dictatorial). However, this is a fairly common *objection* to new processes being implemented. At this point in becomes a discussion as to *why* there is a new procedure/policy/program. Sure they may not initially agree to it, but in time, if it is something that is indeed beneficial they will either comply, or find another job (and it won't be me forcing them to do so!)

At first, Ask Why refused to following the program? What is the barrier? and How can I support it? Then offer some directions about basic steps to start the program and schedule time to received feedback about the program adoption and offer coaching to sustain improve or sustain the positives outcomes.

They asked me a few times about loyalty and staying at a job for a while and not moving around.

1 Answer

They are multi-questioned interviews. The only one I recall is What experience can you share where you had to deal with a difficult customer? What was the experience? What was the problem? What tools did you use to resolve the problem? and How did you handle the situation?

1 Answer

Why do you want to work here?

1 Answer

Starting the interview asking, "do you have any questions" before they had asked me any...

1 Answer

Are You Available On-Call?

1 Answer

Are You Flexible To Work Anytime? Specify Days and Times.

1 Answer

Nothing they were all basic retail questions.

1 Answer

Do you have any reservations or concerns fulfilling this position?

1 Answer

Are you willing to work in other positions?