Operations Manager Interview Questions in Columbus, OH | Glassdoor

Operations Manager Interview Questions in Columbus, OH

"Employers want operations managers with the leadership, managerial, and interpersonal skills to effectively manage daily operations, evaluate operational costs, and make personnel decisions. Be prepared to discuss your management style as well as your experience handling conflicts and motivating teams to meet deadlines. You should also be ready to answer operational questions such as how you would improve processes to cut costs. A bachelor's degree in management or a similar field of study is required, with a master's degree being ideal."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Tell me about something you don't like to hear from employees.

1 Answer

I don't like to hear that something can't be done. Parameters may have to change and their may be a less than desirable outcome, but there is always something that can be done to better a hard situation.

I was asked what my first area of focus is when coaching employees both new and experienced.

2 Answers

What is one of your weaknesses?

1 Answer

Describe to us a time when safety was not made a priority. How would you have prioritized safety if you were the manager?

1 Answer

they just ask if you are willing to keep the shift you were on

1 Answer

Where do you see yourself in 5 years What skills and expertise can you bring to the organization What newspapers do you like to read and which magazines/journals

1 Answer

What is your goal for the future if hired by the Brickman Group

1 Answer

I was asked to provide examples of situations where I manage upset customers, put employees on a performance improvement plan, dealt with outages and organization change.

1 Answer

What did I know abut company

1 Answer

Tell me about a time you failed at completing your assignment.