Store Manager Interview Questions in Columbus, OH | Glassdoor
Glassdoor Logo

Find jobs for Store Manager

Store Manager Interview Questions in Columbus, OH

"When interviewing candidates for the role of store manager, employers are looking for positive leaders that can steer the team towards assisting customers, managing merchandise, and keeping the operation moving smoothly. In an interview context, be prepared to answer questions about your ability to sell a product, resolve issues, and create an enjoyable work environment with strong customer service. You should also be ready to discuss any previous experience in sales or retail."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What would you do if you had an employee who refused to follow a new program?

2 Answers

Suggest a time line in which they comply to the new program. If further refusal continues, ask for their resignation in writing.

Asking for resignation is a breeding pit for disaster waiting to happen. You come off as being militant and incredibly authoritative (dictatorial). However, this is a fairly common *objection* to new processes being implemented. At this point in becomes a discussion as to *why* there is a new procedure/policy/program. Sure they may not initially agree to it, but in time, if it is something that is indeed beneficial they will either comply, or find another job (and it won't be me forcing them to do so!)

what is shrinkage?

Describe yourself?

1 Answer

Please tell me what you would bring to CVS if hired

1 Answer

They are multi-questioned interviews. The only one I recall is What experience can you share where you had to deal with a difficult customer? What was the experience? What was the problem? What tools did you use to resolve the problem? and How did you handle the situation?

1 Answer

How much are you suppose to save on payroll weekly?

1 Answer

Have you ever taken a job and, once you were there, realized you were in way over your head? How did you handle that?

1 Answer

Q: Tell me about a time when you had to overcome an uncomfortable situation with a customer or other employee.

Mainly questions about my previous management experiences and style. A few questions regarding measurable successes.

1 Answer

Name a time you had complete a project while being interrupted.

110 of 49 Interview Questions