Store Manager Interview Questions in Columbus, OH | Glassdoor

Store Manager Interview Questions in Columbus, OH

"When interviewing candidates for the role of store manager, employers are looking for positive leaders that can steer the team towards assisting customers, managing merchandise, and keeping the operation moving smoothly. In an interview context, be prepared to answer questions about your ability to sell a product, resolve issues, and create an enjoyable work environment with strong customer service. You should also be ready to discuss any previous experience in sales or retail."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What would you do if you had an employee who refused to follow a new program?

4 Answers

Suggest a time line in which they comply to the new program. If further refusal continues, ask for their resignation in writing.

Asking for resignation is a breeding pit for disaster waiting to happen. You come off as being militant and incredibly authoritative (dictatorial). However, this is a fairly common *objection* to new processes being implemented. At this point in becomes a discussion as to *why* there is a new procedure/policy/program. Sure they may not initially agree to it, but in time, if it is something that is indeed beneficial they will either comply, or find another job (and it won't be me forcing them to do so!)

At first, Ask Why refused to following the program? What is the barrier? and How can I support it? Then offer some directions about basic steps to start the program and schedule time to received feedback about the program adoption and offer coaching to sustain improve or sustain the positives outcomes.

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

Mainly questions about my previous management experiences and style. A few questions regarding measurable successes.

Do you like fashion?

1 Answer

Do you know what our values are and what of those values do you feel you represent well.

what is shrinkage?

Describe yourself?

Why moochie and co?

1 Answer

When is the best time to coach an employee?

1 Answer

Questions were behavioral, based on my prior experiences.

1 Answer

Tell me about a time where you had to work together as a team on a project.

110 of 54 Interview Questions