comScore Interview Questions | Glassdoor

comScore Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.8

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at comScore in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was the reason I chose comScore. The recruiters truly care about creating the best teams possible and will go beyond the minimum to make it happen. The recruiters I spoke with - Pete and Jackie- took the time to understand me as a candidate and made sure I would be a great fit with the team. When I initially applied for another role (a role I wasn't fully qualified for), rather than completely reject me, Pete remembered my interview and sent my info to another recruiter who had a role available (that better fit my qualifications). Because of this extra step he took, I was able to interview for a position that was a better fit for me. The recruiters always followed up with me in a timely manner and made the interview to hiring process extremely simple.
    The team itself was extremely welcoming during the interview process, and they asked both skill and personality based questions to ensure I would be a good fit for the team.

Interview Questions

• Describe your ideal team environment. Do you prefer to work alone or with a team?   Answer Question

Apr 12, 2017 – Recruiting

We're thrilled to hear this! Thanks for taking the time to give a shout to Jackie and Pete, and we'll make sure they see this. We're lucky to have a dedicated recruiting team, and we are excited to ... More

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at comScore (Reston, VA).

Interview

Got referred to an alumni working on the company. The process itself was very standard. Two phone screenings, one with HR and one with the hiring manager. After the phone screen I had back to back interviews on site with three executives and one analyst.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time when..." type behavioral questions.

What considerations would you have when building a forecasting model for our variable usage products?
      Answer Question

Feb 17, 2017 – Recruiting

Thanks for your review, and welcome aboard to comScore!

Senior Statistical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at comScore (Reston, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

The recruiter rescheduled a phone call with me but never got back to me. I sent follow-up emails to see if something went wrong and tried to continue the conversation but there was no reply at all.

I specifically took a day off for the rescheduled phone screening. However, it turned out to be unpleasant experience. Seems like the recruiter is unprofessional and showed little respect to candidates. Time wasted...

Mobile Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at comScore in November 2016.

Interview

Went in for an in person interview with a group panel from the department. I was asked basic and work experience questions. Overall, the interview was laid back and had a good experience. I was told that I will get a follow up within a few days of the hiring decision. True to their words, they followed up with a nice email of their decision. Most employers nowadays doesn't even follow up after the interview. Even though I did not get the offer, I have a positive experience with the company.

Interview Questions

comScore Response

Dec 2, 2016 – Recruiting

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad to hear that all of the set expectations were delivered as promised. It's important to us that people don't feel as though they go into a ... More

Senior Survey Research Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Received a phone call from a comScore recruiter in Portland, OR a couple of days after applying on their website. After discussing my 15 years of experience in research, and seeming to be interested in my accomplishments, she grew bothered by my lack of a college degree. Coupled with her inability to answer some rather basic questions, the recruiter said she has been a recruiter at comScore for only three months and could answer only one of my six questions about the position and company. The only one she could answer was when they are looking at filling the position (ASAP, of course). Then she mentioned again about the lack of education. Not just a negative experience with a recruiter, but soured my opinion about comScore.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very basic, getting a little clarity about my résumé and light behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Feb 17, 2017 – Recruiting

Thanks for leaving a review on your interview. We're a little confused, as all of our recruiters are relatively tenured and have been with comScore for some time. We're sorry that this was not as ... More

Statistical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at comScore in October 2016.

Interview

refer by friend. Talk to recruiter first and then director. The first two round is based on the resume. All the questions are relevant to past experience. I want to say the process is really smooth and this would be one of my best interview experience. However, I did not get the offer. I do think it is a great company that worth working for.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your relevant experience on Gibbs sampling   Answer Question

Dec 2, 2016 – Recruiting

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're very glad to hear that all of the set expectations were delivered as promised. It's important to us that people don't feel as though they go ... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at comScore (Reston, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

The Principal Technical Recruiter and HR team made sure everything was smooth and that the process was crystal clear. I was referred by an employee at comScore. The interview process started with the Principal Technical Recruiter asking a few questions relating to my background and skills. Later I was briefed on what the team excepts from a potential candidate. Then after a week I got a thumbs up and was asked to schedule for a phone screen interview. The interviewer was a Senior Software Engineer and the interview was on coding (Java). The question asked was to write a program to find if two given strings are Anagrams. There are multiple solutions and I came with the one that had best time complexity, then interviewer asked if I can do better on space complexity. After that a discussion followed on which of the solutions would be better under what circumstances. NOTE: This was coding intensive round and the code typed is expected to run with minimum errors. There was an option to choose from an IDE platform to code but I choose the non-IDE one. The interview lasted for 45-60 mins. The next day I got a reply from the Principal Technical Recruiter and was told that I did well and that the team wanted to schedule a face to face interview at their HQ's in Reston. The on-site interview had 5 technical rounds with 4 of them being on Algorithms, data structures and Big-Data and the other round was on Machine Learning. Questions were asked on linked-Lists, Trees, Stacks, Lists, Sets, Maps, MapReduce, data types (primitive, Wrapper and Box), Pig and other brain teasers. The team that interviewed me was great and very friendly but technical intense. Once the interview was done I was briefed of the next steps and told that a decision would be given in the next 3 days and they did send me out an offer letter on the third-day.

Benefits: They offered more than what I asked for with all the benefits, also the company sponsors H1B which is great. They try their best to give any other allowances that a candidate needs.

TIP: Be prepared. They won't ask anything that is not on the job description or that isn't on your resume.

Interview Questions

comScore Response

Sep 1, 2016 – Recruiting

Thanks for the great review! We really appreciate the detail you went into. Yes, we understand our technical interviews can be a bit daunting, but that's because the work we do is so unique. What we ... More

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at comScore (Reston, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter , has a quick pre-screen followed by telephone screen with the hiring manager. After thumbs up for the telephone screen, went in for a face to face for about 2.5 hours.My interview was with 5 people for 30 minutes each.Was interviewed by Development team,Senior QA managers, VP and finally with hiring manager again. Interview looked positive to me.

Took around 3 days for them to get back on their decision. Didn't get selected.

Interview Questions

• Basic project related questions, Analytical and critical problem solving problems, basic SQL, testing scenarios, networking fundamentals   Answer Question

Marketing Role Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at comScore.

Interview

Was referred by an employee and received a call from the recruiter about a week after submitting my application. Had a very simple phone conversation about qualifications/background. All went well, and she said she would set up time for me to speak to the hiring manager the following week. It's been three weeks now and she hasn't responded to any of my emails. I would have appreciated an email if things had changed instead of being left in the dark.

Senior Statistical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at comScore (Reston, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

first phone interview with hiring manager, some Machine learning questions based on resume. like why validation, what is naive bayes, difference between k-means and k-medoids and how to choose K in k-means

on-site interview with four employees, questions about basic SQL, python, stats and past project experience.

Interview Questions

• How to do SQL multiplications after using group-by functions?
      How to find find substring in a string using python?
      Answer Question