comScore Interview Questions | Glassdoor

comScore Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.8

Marketing Role Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at comScore.

Interview

Was referred by an employee and received a call from the recruiter about a week after submitting my application. Had a very simple phone conversation about qualifications/background. All went well, and she said she would set up time for me to speak to the hiring manager the following week. It's been three weeks now and she hasn't responded to any of my emails. I would have appreciated an email if things had changed instead of being left in the dark.

Senior Statistical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at comScore (Reston, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

first phone interview with hiring manager, some Machine learning questions based on resume. like why validation, what is naive bayes, difference between k-means and k-medoids and how to choose K in k-means

on-site interview with four employees, questions about basic SQL, python, stats and past project experience.

Interview Questions

• How to do SQL multiplications after using group-by functions?
      How to find find substring in a string using python?
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at comScore (Reston, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, spoke to HR first followed by technical phone round with senior person in department. I got a thumbs-up to proceed to on-site but in between the role changed to add some additional requirements which I did not have too much exposure to. Instead of on-site, they wished to do a 3 hour Skype session with Collabedit. Interviewers were helpful and friendly and made me feel comfortable, but the internet connection on their end was terrible, I had to ask the interviewers to repeat every question as I barely made out what they said (which am sure would annoy anyone inside). Also a lot of questions were asked on technologies I had no experience with/not listed on my resume
    HR was helpful throughout the process. I got reject the next day after the interview as the new skills required for the job, opposed to the posting, weren't a good match to mine overall.

Interview Questions

• Given two tables, write some SQL queries (joins, nested select)
      Simple data structure and algorithms, OOP concepts, questions on ASP.NET and JS
      Interviews were split between behavioral and technical
      1 Answer

Jun 8, 2016 – Recruiting

Thanks for the review. Our apologies on the communication issues - we're actively looking at some solutions for remote interviews. This will help improve the experience for our team and more ... More

Survey Technical Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at comScore (Evansville, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with five different people, two over the phone and three in person, over the span of about an hour. I felt comfortable, energetic, and excited throughout the entire process. I was told to expect a response within the next two weeks, and it's been just over two weeks now so I'm still hopeful.

Interview Questions

• I was asked numerous questions about my specific technical experience with things like SQL, Java, and Office.   1 Answer

Jul 18, 2016 – Recruiting

Thanks for your review. We'll make sure someone gets back with you for feedback on your interview.

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at comScore (Portland, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a standard in-person interview with the hiring manager and project manager. The questions were somewhat formulaic and dealt more with project management style and approach than questions about technical skill. I was very impressed with the project manager, and we were very much on the same page. But in the end it's the hiring manager that needs to be impressed first and foremost.

Interview Questions

• About my work history being so varied   1 Answer

May 12, 2016 – Recruiting

Thanks for taking the time to interview with us. We know there's a time cost to our candidates as well as us. While it didn't pan out this time, we'd certainly encourage you to apply for other roles ... More

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at comScore (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

There are multiple rounds of interviews.

1st round you will have a phone conversation with HR - basic info- background info ect...She is extremely nice and polite - she responds to all emails and addresses your concerns.
    2nd round you will have a phone conversation with the hiring manager (your future boss) - She is super sweet and down to earth. Conversation is very easy.
    3rd round you will meet about 5 people in your department or colleagues from other departments that you will most likely attend office meetings with. ie: VP, SVP, Sr directors et all.
    4th round you will have to present to about 10 people. Please note that after round 3, you will receive an email from HR with material that you will have to present during round 4. This includes a couple of files on the current partner (all data) and what products they are currently subscribed to - it also includes the new product (along with some data) that you will need to sale. The day you meet with the people to present your case ( it is a mock pitch to the existing client they provided in the email) make sure you stand up and speak slowly and also, make sure your presentation is at least 10-15min! mine was a bit short and I did not stand - apparently the SVP did not like that. After the presentation they ask A LOT of questions which require detailed answers (smart and quick) ie: Nielsen is doing the exact same thing- how do you compare? or How will the marketing team use the new feature?

Side Note:
    1) If I am meeting with existing clients and I have a good rapport, I don't personally feel that I need to be presenting Comscore standing up behind a podium - I would like to talk to them like we have been partners for years and doing that definitely requires eye level contact and communication.

2)They want you to present your case however, what they offer is pretty basic information- if you are not familiar with their products (paid version of comscore) you probably will not do very well. Without knowing their nuances you will not be able to sale.

Interview Questions

comScore Response

Dec 2, 2016 – Recruiting

Thanks very much for the candid feedback. We're going to share this with the sales team, as we're always trying to refine our hiring process. This is really good feedback for us to have to continue ... More

Associate Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at comScore (Reston, VA).

Interview

First went though a campus interview. In a month, headed to Reston for an on-site interview, which included three rounds of interview (3*45min), talking about behaviors, technical and logic stuff.

Interview Questions

comScore Response

Nov 17, 2015 – Recruiting

Thanks for the review, and WELCOME ABOARD!

Associate Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at comScore (Reston, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

Consisted of mostly behavioral interviews. I couldn't tell if it was because of my strong technical background or if the job required little technical experience, but the interviewers asked me primarily surface level questions. There was no real test of whether or not the information on my resume was accurate or if I had the chops to compete in the workplace. Either way, the interviewers were incredibly nice and motivated and my interview experience was absolutely wonderful overall.

Interview Questions

comScore Response

Nov 17, 2015 – Recruiting

Glad to hear your experience was a good one. We're constantly tweaking our interview process, so this feedback is very helpful. Best of luck in your new endeavor!

Client Insights Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at comScore (Reston, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

First round interview on campus with VP. Approximately 2 to 3 weeks later, I received an email inviting me to a final round interview at their D.C headquarters. The interview lasted for a whole day and consisted of 3-5 interviews with current analysts and H.R. I was told to expect a response in the next 2 weeks. However, I despite remaining in communication with the recruiter, I did not receive a response until 3 month later in January (interviewed in November).

Interview Questions

comScore Response

Apr 7, 2016 – Recruiting

Thanks for your feedback on the interview. We appreciate your time, and we apologize for the delay in getting back to you. The college interview process can be a big project, and we have several ... More

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at comScore (Evansville, IN) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process is way below standard or par! I was working through their Recruitment company and for this instance we will leave them out of this review. So lets get started:

The company gave me false hope that I had the position and ended up 1.5 months later not following through with their recent answer. I contacted the recruiting company about 10-12 times trying to get an answer and they stated no one from Comscore replied to his email. Today I called and told the representative from their Recruiting company that I have another offer and he FINALLY forced them to get back in touch with me. They told me they want me to work for them but they could not fit me into the budget. So wanting to work for Comscore I denied multiple higher paying jobs(the positions are now filled) so I could work for this unprofessional company.

The management that had me come into the meeting were all very young, unprofessional, and did not represent the company very well. The company has great potential but when a 23-25 year old comes to the interview promising the world and does not have the audacity to contact you to tell you the company cannot fit me into the budget... What Professionalism!

Here I am now in financial dire straights because this company promised me the world. Thanks Comscore, the Digital Marketing Company that I currently work for definitely will not be purchasing your half way productive sofware since the level of professionalism I have seen.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation where you were wrong and how did you fix it.   1 Answer

Nov 24, 2015 – Recruiting

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This is certainly not the experience we want to leave candidates with, and we'll look into this. We do wish you the best as you move forward!