comScore Interview Questions in Reston, VA | Glassdoor

2.9

38 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at comScore (Reston, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

First round interview with recruiter (Pete) on phone, second round with hiring manager on phone, third round in person with panel of people on the team. The interview was pretty normal. I want to recognize the recruiter Pete, I had a great interview process. Very communicative and helpful. One of the best recruiters I've ever worked with!

Interview Questions

comScore Response

Jul 18, 2017 – Recruiting

Thanks so much for your review, and congratulations on coming to comScore!!

We'll definitely pass this feedback to Pete - we're excited to hear that it was a great experience for you.

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at comScore (Reston, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

Talked to one of the senior guy. We walked through my resume and my experience. Then he asked me some questions Java Spring/Hive/System Design question. Overall, interview is around my resume and the whole process is very positive. The next day, got invited to onsite interview. But I had another offer so I didn't go.

Interview Questions

• When you do a Join in Hive? What happen behind the code?   Answer Question
    • What data structure you would use to maintain a big counter if that counter is so big that doesn't fit into memory?   Answer Question
    • What are the common injection methods? What are the pros and cons of them?   Answer Question
    • What are the pros and cons of Spring framework.   Answer Question

Senior Statistical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at comScore (Reston, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

The recruiter rescheduled a phone call with me but never got back to me. I sent follow-up emails to see if something went wrong and tried to continue the conversation but there was no reply at all.

I specifically took a day off for the rescheduled phone screening. However, it turned out to be unpleasant experience. Seems like the recruiter is unprofessional and showed little respect to candidates. Time wasted...

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at comScore (Reston, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

The Principal Technical Recruiter and HR team made sure everything was smooth and that the process was crystal clear. I was referred by an employee at comScore. The interview process started with the Principal Technical Recruiter asking a few questions relating to my background and skills. Later I was briefed on what the team excepts from a potential candidate. Then after a week I got a thumbs up and was asked to schedule for a phone screen interview. The interviewer was a Senior Software Engineer and the interview was on coding (Java). The question asked was to write a program to find if two given strings are Anagrams. There are multiple solutions and I came with the one that had best time complexity, then interviewer asked if I can do better on space complexity. After that a discussion followed on which of the solutions would be better under what circumstances. NOTE: This was coding intensive round and the code typed is expected to run with minimum errors. There was an option to choose from an IDE platform to code but I choose the non-IDE one. The interview lasted for 45-60 mins. The next day I got a reply from the Principal Technical Recruiter and was told that I did well and that the team wanted to schedule a face to face interview at their HQ's in Reston. The on-site interview had 5 technical rounds with 4 of them being on Algorithms, data structures and Big-Data and the other round was on Machine Learning. Questions were asked on linked-Lists, Trees, Stacks, Lists, Sets, Maps, MapReduce, data types (primitive, Wrapper and Box), Pig and other brain teasers. The team that interviewed me was great and very friendly but technical intense. Once the interview was done I was briefed of the next steps and told that a decision would be given in the next 3 days and they did send me out an offer letter on the third-day.

Benefits: They offered more than what I asked for with all the benefits, also the company sponsors H1B which is great. They try their best to give any other allowances that a candidate needs.

TIP: Be prepared. They won't ask anything that is not on the job description or that isn't on your resume.

Interview Questions

comScore Response

Sep 1, 2016 – Recruiting

Thanks for the great review! We really appreciate the detail you went into. Yes, we understand our technical interviews can be a bit daunting, but that's because the work we do is so unique. What we... More

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at comScore (Reston, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter , has a quick pre-screen followed by telephone screen with the hiring manager. After thumbs up for the telephone screen, went in for a face to face for about 2.5 hours.My interview was with 5 people for 30 minutes each.Was interviewed by Development team,Senior QA managers, VP and finally with hiring manager again. Interview looked positive to me.

Took around 3 days for them to get back on their decision. Didn't get selected.

Interview Questions

• Basic project related questions, Analytical and critical problem solving problems, basic SQL, testing scenarios, networking fundamentals   Answer Question

Senior Statistical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at comScore (Reston, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

first phone interview with hiring manager, some Machine learning questions based on resume. like why validation, what is naive bayes, difference between k-means and k-medoids and how to choose K in k-means

on-site interview with four employees, questions about basic SQL, python, stats and past project experience.

Interview Questions

• How to do SQL multiplications after using group-by functions?
      How to find find substring in a string using python?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at comScore (Reston, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, spoke to HR first followed by technical phone round with senior person in department. I got a thumbs-up to proceed to on-site but in between the role changed to add some additional requirements which I did not have too much exposure to. Instead of on-site, they wished to do a 3 hour Skype session with Collabedit. Interviewers were helpful and friendly and made me feel comfortable, but the internet connection on their end was terrible, I had to ask the interviewers to repeat every question as I barely made out what they said (which am sure would annoy anyone inside). Also a lot of questions were asked on technologies I had no experience with/not listed on my resume
    HR was helpful throughout the process. I got reject the next day after the interview as the new skills required for the job, opposed to the posting, weren't a good match to mine overall.

Interview Questions

• Given two tables, write some SQL queries (joins, nested select)
      Simple data structure and algorithms, OOP concepts, questions on ASP.NET and JS
      Interviews were split between behavioral and technical   1 Answer

Jun 8, 2016 – Recruiting

Thanks for the review. Our apologies on the communication issues - we're actively looking at some solutions for remote interviews. This will help improve the experience for our team and more... More

Associate Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at comScore (Reston, VA).

Interview

First went though a campus interview. In a month, headed to Reston for an on-site interview, which included three rounds of interview (3*45min), talking about behaviors, technical and logic stuff.

Interview Questions

comScore Response

Nov 17, 2015 – Recruiting

Thanks for the review, and WELCOME ABOARD!

Associate Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at comScore (Reston, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

Consisted of mostly behavioral interviews. I couldn't tell if it was because of my strong technical background or if the job required little technical experience, but the interviewers asked me primarily surface level questions. There was no real test of whether or not the information on my resume was accurate or if I had the chops to compete in the workplace. Either way, the interviewers were incredibly nice and motivated and my interview experience was absolutely wonderful overall.

Interview Questions

comScore Response

Nov 17, 2015 – Recruiting

Glad to hear your experience was a good one. We're constantly tweaking our interview process, so this feedback is very helpful. Best of luck in your new endeavor!

Client Insights Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at comScore (Reston, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

First round interview on campus with VP. Approximately 2 to 3 weeks later, I received an email inviting me to a final round interview at their D.C headquarters. The interview lasted for a whole day and consisted of 3-5 interviews with current analysts and H.R. I was told to expect a response in the next 2 weeks. However, I despite remaining in communication with the recruiter, I did not receive a response until 3 month later in January (interviewed in November).

Interview Questions

comScore Response

Apr 7, 2016 – Recruiting

Thanks for your feedback on the interview. We appreciate your time, and we apologize for the delay in getting back to you. The college interview process can be a big project, and we have several... More