comScore Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

comScore Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.6

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at comScore (Reston, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

The Principal Technical Recruiter and HR team made sure everything was smooth and that the process was crystal clear. I was referred by an employee at comScore. The interview process started with the Principal Technical Recruiter asking a few questions relating to my background and skills. Later I was briefed on what the team excepts from a potential candidate. Then after a week I got a thumbs up and was asked to schedule for a phone screen interview. The interviewer was a Senior Software Engineer and the interview was on coding (Java). The question asked was to write a program to find if two given strings are Anagrams. There are multiple solutions and I came with the one that had best time complexity, then interviewer asked if I can do better on space complexity. After that a discussion followed on which of the solutions would be better under what circumstances. NOTE: This was coding intensive round and the code typed is expected to run with minimum errors. There was an option to choose from an IDE platform to code but I choose the non-IDE one. The interview lasted for 45-60 mins. The next day I got a reply from the Principal Technical Recruiter and was told that I did well and that the team wanted to schedule a face to face interview at their HQ's in Reston. The on-site interview had 5 technical rounds with 4 of them being on Algorithms, data structures and Big-Data and the other round was on Machine Learning. Questions were asked on linked-Lists, Trees, Stacks, Lists, Sets, Maps, MapReduce, data types (primitive, Wrapper and Box), Pig and other brain teasers. The team that interviewed me was great and very friendly but technical intense. Once the interview was done I was briefed of the next steps and told that a decision would be given in the next 3 days and they did send me out an offer letter on the third-day.

Benefits: They offered more than what I asked for with all the benefits, also the company sponsors H1B which is great. They try their best to give any other allowances that a candidate needs.

TIP: Be prepared. They won't ask anything that is not on the job description or that isn't on your resume.

Interview Questions

comScore Response

Sep 1, 2016 – Recruiting

Thanks for the great review! We really appreciate the detail you went into. Yes, we understand our technical interviews can be a bit daunting, but that's because the work we do is so unique. What we... More

Other Interview Reviews for comScore

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at comScore (Reston, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, spoke to HR first followed by technical phone round with senior person in department. I got a thumbs-up to proceed to on-site but in between the role changed to add some additional requirements which I did not have too much exposure to. Instead of on-site, they wished to do a 3 hour Skype session with Collabedit. Interviewers were helpful and friendly and made me feel comfortable, but the internet connection on their end was terrible, I had to ask the interviewers to repeat every question as I barely made out what they said (which am sure would annoy anyone inside). Also a lot of questions were asked on technologies I had no experience with/not listed on my resume
    HR was helpful throughout the process. I got reject the next day after the interview as the new skills required for the job, opposed to the posting, weren't a good match to mine overall.

Interview Questions

• Given two tables, write some SQL queries (joins, nested select)
      Simple data structure and algorithms, OOP concepts, questions on ASP.NET and JS
      Interviews were split between behavioral and technical   1 Answer

comScore Response

Jun 8, 2016 – Recruiting

Thanks for the review. Our apologies on the communication issues - we're actively looking at some solutions for remote interviews. This will help improve the experience for our team and more... More

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at comScore (Reston, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was okayish. 1 telephonic technical round and if cleared, on-site 5 rounds of interview. 3 core technical, 1 VP round, and 1 project based. They let you know their decision within a week.

Interview Questions

• Find and merge Overlapping sequence, Iterator in data Structures, big data (file sorting) related questions, hadoop based questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at comScore (Reston, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume at the Spring career fair of my university. Then I got a call from HR about two months later asking for my PDF version resume. I then got an interview with one of the managers. The interview question is relative easy. It's just about how to remove the duplicate URLs in a large text file. It took about two weeks to get the offer.

Interview Questions

• How to remove duplicate URLs from a large(terabytes) size of text file?   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at comScore (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

A call from HR First.
    Then there was a Telephonic interview.
    After that an On Site interview.

The process was fairly simple and well laid out. I got the decision after one week.

Interview Questions

• Telephonic interview basically was meant for resume skimming and understanding the amount of knowledge I had in SE fields.

On site interview was for 1.5 hours where managers of different teams asked me more detailed questions about my previous experience.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at comScore.

Interview

Simple but sometimes easy comparing to brand of company. Interview process is straight forward but sometime makes it easy to hire incapable people. Interview questions are easy and stereotypes which needs to revisited and make it harder to get always smart people

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at comScore (Reston, VA) in February 2013.

Interview

They have four rounds on site. This is after a telephonic / video conferencing interview. Once you are flown to reston you get decent lunch and miscellaneous stuff. Interviews are mostly about projects you have done in the past. Very less coding questions will be asked. Mostly about your past experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation is always there since the initial offer in timid.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at comScore in November 2012.

Interview

I got an on campus interview, we talked about my projects and interests. Very basic SQL questions. Invited for on-site interview, two weeks later, with 3 tech-manager and a recent employee. Took the Wonderic test at the beginning of the interview. Asked general questions about position in career and leadership experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked general questions about position in career and leadership experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at comScore (Reston, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

My foot in the door with their recruiters at a job fair was an iOS app that I'd finished and published the week prior. After a few phone calls, I visited their headquarters, took a multiple choice intelligence test, the spoke to 2 software engineers, 1 manager, and 1 director.

Armed with my app as a demo to distract my future coworkers from the task of grilling me, I circumvented all but one no-nonsense, technical CS question (FYI you can reverse a python array via negative indexing, e.g. range(3)[::-1] ).

Overall, it was a very pleasant experience. The programmers are mostly smart, quiet and friendly when they're not working. Management is competent and benevolent on the whole.

8/10, would work there again.

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at comScore (Reston, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied on campus career site and then later got an campus interview opportunity. The campus interview is just 1 hr person, more like talking, no questions at all. Then couple of days later they offered me the onsite interview opportunity. The onsite lasts for half a day, four back to back 1:1 interview. Questions are pretty easy, not very technical. Interviewers are very kind. Then one week later I got the offer.

The entire process lasts for about a month, it was very smooth