Commercial Real Estate Broker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Commercial Real Estate Broker Interview Questions

Commercial real estate broker interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How are you going to be able to pay for your living expenses for the next year or so?

1 Answer

Didn't realize that you may not be able to close a commercial real estate deal (even if you find the buyer & get into contract) for an average of between 3 - 6 months after the contract is signed. That is IF the process goes smoothly during the process. My first deal was an ALL-CASH deal that I thought was going to take about 30 - 45 days to close, but due to unforeseen issue with the county records office regarding parcel map it took an extra 3 months to close the deal. You have to have deep pocket in order to be able to get started in this BUSINESS - which this is and is NOT a JOB.

After the presentation, I went in for a second interview and noticed a discrepancy in the material presented. The commission split was not as he had presented at the first interview. Perhaps this was a way to dissuade me from going further. He was also firm about the long hours required without pay realistically for two years. I was very discouraged and didn't see a point in pursuing this job any further.

1 Answer

How do you expect to handle the pressure of making a lot of cold calls if you don't have much experience at it?

Why commercial real estate

1 Answer

Are you able to financially support yourself for 9-14 months?

Strengths and weaknesses

1 Answer

Describe a time where you faced a major challenge in your work life.

Why are you the best at what you do? What are you good at and why?

What was my control number

110 of 19 Interview Questions