Communications Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Communications Specialist Interview Questions

"Communication specialists manage the internal and external messaging for a company. During an interview, expect to be asked about how you deal with conflict and how you would handle different scenarios. Employers are looking for candidates who are tech-savvy, well-versed in the industry jargon, and can function in high stress environments. Make sure to do extensive research on the company and be ready for company-specific problem solving."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How are you with high stress?

1 Answer

It depends on the day. Ultimately I try to step away from the situation and look at the situation privately and objectively.

Repeatedly questioning how i manage conflict, because it is a recurring problem at the company.

1 Answer

Tell me about your favorite campaign. How would you approach a new product that we would offer? What would be the first step you would take?

1 Answer

"Can you explain what the job is?"

2 Answers

No single question was unexpected, just the general format and pace was unlike any previous interview.

1 Answer

There were no unexpected questons.

1 Answer

Why weren't you recruited right out of college?

1 Answer

I did not give the right answers, VP told me he was giving me "behavioral questions", and he said they were looking for "out of the box employees". He kept distracting me with his Jeff Goldblum impersonation. He kept moving around, his legs, arms, hands, behaving "out of the box"; I guess. The whole time I kept thinking, "what is his purpose?" "What's he doing?" Then driving home, it hit me. He was acting like Jeff Goldblum, trying to be quirky, witty and "out of the box." It was disconcerting.

1 Answer

can you translate acronym-laced technical-speak into plain langugage?

1 Answer

The most unexpected part of the interview was when she told me this was going to be a short interview, only about 10 to 15 minutes then there would be an additional process. The interviewer was friendly, but I was shocked to find out that the available working hours would be 11am to 8am, Mon - Fri and 9am to 4pm on Saturdays. When I questioned that they work with clients on the weekends, she said yes of course and she seemed offended that I even questioned the working hours. I knew something was off at this point, since that is not typical for a normal marketing agency. We continued on and I let her explain the position, which became obvious was not marketing related at all.

3 Answers