Communications specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Communications specialist Interview Questions

"Communication specialists manage the internal and external messaging for a company. During an interview, expect to be asked about how you deal with conflict and how you would handle different scenarios. Employers are looking for candidates who are tech-savvy, well-versed in the industry jargon, and can function in high stress environments. Make sure to do extensive research on the company and be ready for company-specific problem solving."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you manage project expectations when multiple stakeholders are involved?

2 Answers

I made the point that there are several ingredients to proper stakeholder management -- especially when there are many (with often disparate goals and needs) involved in a single project. I stressed the importance of excellent communication, strong interpersonal skills, sharp organizational skills and the ability to inspire confidence and maintain authority as the PM.

I would guess that you would want to accurately convey the potential of the project within a predetermined timeframe. Ideally you want to sell the vision of the project while staying realistic. Most of the project expectations should lean on the "must haves" opposed to the "wants" of the project.

Discuss what advantages and disadvantages there are to Web 2.0

1 Answer

How do you organize yourself when you have multiple tasks to complete?

1 Answer

What do you see the organization doing to raise it in prominence?

1 Answer

How are you with high stress?

1 Answer

What is your current employer doing better than we are? I work in marketing so I had to answer based on my research done prior to interview. I was so happy I did a ton of research/comparison before going in.

1 Answer

Tell me about your favorite campaign. How would you approach a new product that we would offer? What would be the first step you would take?

1 Answer

What is your opinion of including social media in the overall communications process?

2 Answers

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

Repeatedly questioning how i manage conflict, because it is a recurring problem at the company.

1 Answer

How have you utilized your relationship with agencies/vendors to achieve company goals?

110 of 3,951 Interview Questions