Compensation Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Compensation Analyst Interview Questions

Compensation analyst interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

What is the probability of breaking a stick into 3 pieces and forming a triangle?

8 Answers

Its 1/4. Here is the key idea for my analysis of the problem: If we consider the original stick to be of unit length, then we can form a triangle whenever the longest stick is less than a half unit long.

Suppose x is the length of the first piece and y is the length of the second piece (both must be nonnegative). Then y will be <= 1-x, and to be able to form a triangle, y must be <= .5 - x with x <= .5. The probability of being able to form a triangle is the area of the second set of (x,y) pairs divided by the area of the first set of (x,y) pairs, which is .125/.5 = .25.

The probability is 0 given that it is a question about the probability of 2 breaking points falling on 1st thirdth and 2nd thirdth point. For any continuous variable, the probability of the variable equal to countable points (including indefinite countable numbers) equal to 0

If you have a 3 gallon jug and 5 gallon jug, how do you measure 4 gallons?

5 Answers

If we have 22,000 employees, we plan to grow by 35%, and are going to lose about 10% due to termination during the year, how many employees do we have to hire this year?

3 Answers

She actually asked me this particular question twice but phrased it differently the second time. First time: Let's say that one of your assignments with a client lasted much longer than you thought it would and you only have like two hours left and you still have to go meet with three more clients. You still have to finish the meeting with the current client, what do you do? Second time: Let me rephrase that earlier question, let's say that you underestimated the time it would take to do an assignment and there is two hours left and that you still have three more assignments that need to be completed on that day. You see me enter the room to check to see how everyone is doing. What do you do?

3 Answers

Tell me about yourself and walk me through your resume. Why are you leaving your current position? What are your interests and hobbies? How many computers are there in Utah and how much could you sell them for? Do you have any experience with Macros and if yes, tell me what you do with them? What is your favorite excel function?

1 Answer

How familiar are you with Excel?

1 Answer

How would your former boss rate you on a scale of 1-10.

1 Answer

Tell me about a time you gave a wrong communication and then had to fix it.

1 Answer

Are you willing to relocate?

1 Answer

Tell us what a day in life looks like for your most recent role.

110 of 104 Interview Questions