Conductor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Conductor Interview Questions

conductor interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

The nature of the questions were surprisingly easy - or perhaps, I had been training for that interview for the past 10 years working in a Customer Service role - but for me, the most difficult part was sticking to the strict format of "give an example," "what happened," "what was the outcome," and "what would you have done differently..." or something like that. I don't know what they are looking for, and dont remember if I answered the questions really well, but I just tried to sell them on my personality & genuine willingness/eagerness to do this job & learn.

3 Answers

Did you ever get the job?

What type of Math was on the test?

what was starting pay in training? i have an interview coming up. what is pay after you get out of training? per hour.

Give me an example of a situation in which rules were broken and what did you do about it.

2 Answers

What type of safety background do you have.

2 Answers

Why did I want to work for NS as conductor?

2 Answers

Didn't make it to the actual interview.

2 Answers

The most difficult about the interview was the exam. Some of the questions were easy while others were difficult especially the math. When I took the exam, I was in my senior year of college and trying to go back a couple of years and remember some of the problem solving. I think this is what caused me not to do very well on the exam. I never found out how I did on the exam.

2 Answers

The most difficult question for me was how I handle conflict with a coworker or supervisor just because I struggle with human relations and typically I don't know how to best answer that type of question.

what prior experience I had