Construction manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Construction manager Interview Questions

"When hiring a construction manager, an employer will look for applicants with the technical knowledge and leadership skills to oversee a construction project from start to finish. At an interview you may be asked about your experience with all aspects of managing large projects from budgeting resources to working around delays. Prepare to provide examples of your previous work and describe your ability to coordinate large groups of people."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Give me an example of difficult or failing project and how did you change the outcome. Give examples of the direction you had taken

1 Answer

I gave a project where the local jurisdiction was holding up permitting. I let him know who I recruited as a resource and all of the steps we had taken to get the permit in hand and what I did to get the project back on track

I was asked how long I had been in the construction trade? How long had I been licensed? Did I possess a OSHA 30 certification? Was I legal to work in the US? Was I proficient on a computer? Did I possess a valid drivers license? Did I have my own transportation? Did I have a recent background check?

1 Answer

What size and types of projects have you project managed?

Years of experience

6 Answers

How and where would I fit in.

4 Answers

Are you ready for a challenge?

3 Answers

is family ok with me working overses

3 Answers

Tell about yourself

4 Answers

what knowledge of healthcare architecture/engineering do you have?

2 Answers

None, they follow a standard script

2 Answers