Construction Superintendent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Construction Superintendent Interview Questions

"As a construction superintendent, you must be able to multi-task between managing your workers, coordinating activities, and monitoring budgets. During an interview, expect to talk about your previous projects and answer technical questions regarding your knowledge in construction. As the responsibilities are demanding, the ideal candidate is willing to give more time than their shift, including nights and weekends. Be sure to show that you are willing to dedicate yourself fully to meet deadlines and have the years of experience to take on project management."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

If I'm familiar with their type of construction.

1 Answer

Yes. Explained that I had abundant experience with it.

What experience do you have with walking an untouched lot (i.e. still wooded, hasn't been cleared for building yet)?

1 Answer

How was I with traveling and being away from love ones?

1 Answer

second question was: are you willing to work days and nights to finish a project? Will you work double shifts or longer if necessary to meet your schedule.

1 Answer

I was asked "Can you begin tomorrow?" When I replied that I would need 10 days before I could start work, the interviewer stated that I clearly could never fit into their work culture if I could not make that kind of sacrifice. She said that I just didn't have the attitude they were looking for.

110 of 43 Interview Questions